Your social, cultural and family ties

Old May 26th 2019, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your social, cultural and family ties

Edited to provide clearer information:

Hello

I am submitting my ILR for my spousal visa. My current spousal visa expires in July 2019.

I am just filling out the question form and was wondering if anyone could provide some help.

In the Your social, cultural and family ties section they ask about :

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
these could include social networks or connections to any of these countries?

I have no clue what information they want here.

secondly - under listing family and friends along with their names and how you keep in contact with them... how specific are you? I've listed just my immediate family (parents and siblings) - not nieces and nephews at home in Canada.

For friends - again I've just listed close friends i still keep in contact with.

Second, under convictions and penalties it says:

A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I have received a speeding ticket here - does this count? I did have to pay a fine. I did not have my licence revoked. I don't remember exactly when this was or how much the fine was. I went 23 mPH in a 20 mph zone and was caught by a speed camera.

Can anyone help with these questions??????

Last edited by FARAH1305; May 26th 2019 at 2:06 pm.
Old May 26th 2019, 1:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your social, cultural and family ties

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Hello

i am filling in my application and it is asking for all my family and friends names - how specific do I need to be?

I can't imagine they want to list every friend I have back in Canada.

Also they ask about social networks - specifically:
Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
these could include social networks or connections to any of these countries?

I have no clue what information they want here.
What visa are you applying for?
Old May 26th 2019, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
What visa are you applying for?
my ILR ... on a 5 year spousal visa.
Old May 29th 2019, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Farah, I too have been wondering about these puzzling questions. Surely they don't want the names of everyone one has known back in the original country?! Luckily, there is a character limit....
An internet search turned up a possible explanation of the intent of these questions, on another forum. I am paraphrasing:
These answers don't affect the application if you meet the requirements for ILR. If you do not meet the requirements, then these answers help determine whether you could live elsewhere, since if you couldn't, rejection might be a breach of your human rights.

If that's the case, it's nothing to worry about for those who meet the requirements. I imagine a basic list of friends and networks will suffice.

But I wonder if one of our own experts will chime in on these questions about social network, ties, and the ability to live outside the UK, on the spousal ILR online application. OTOH, if the questions' intent is as indicated above, I can see why it isn't clear, and why an expert might be reluctant to comment!
Old Jun 1st 2019, 3:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's to make it easier for the Home Office to deport if your application fails and you try claim the right to stay in the UK under human rights legislation.

Mention the speeding ticket. It won’t negatively affect their decision but failing to disclose it might.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It's to make it easier for the Home Office to deport if your application fails and you try claim the right to stay in the UK under human rights legislation.

Mention the speeding ticket. It won’t negatively affect their decision but failing to disclose it might.

Thanks so much, BritinParis. You are so helpful, these forums are so indebted to you for informative and precise responses!

So, in answering the questions about social ties etc, just a shortish list of closer friends and main social networks will suffice?
They ask "where do they live?" and obviously I don't plan to give street addresses but do they expect town? State?

I gather you are saying that these answers don't have much weight in the normal ILR application where all is in order and application isn't expected to fail. That is reassuring.
But they are confusing questions! I don't recall their being asked at the FLR stage. One finds oneself wondering how much information they want/expect, and do they really want long lists of names of individual people, and why—are they going to get in touch with those people? whose permission I suppose we should really ask before putting them on the form, but that could take ages?!
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Thanks so much, BritinParis. You are so helpful, these forums are so indebted to you for informative and precise responses!

So, in answering the questions about social ties etc, just a shortish list of closer friends and main social networks will suffice?
They ask "where do they live?" and obviously I don't plan to give street addresses but do they expect town? State?

I gather you are saying that these answers don't have much weight in the normal ILR application where all is in order and application isn't expected to fail. That is reassuring.
But they are confusing questions! I don't recall their being asked at the FLR stage. One finds oneself wondering how much information they want/expect, and do they really want long lists of names of individual people, and why—are they going to get in touch with those people? whose permission I suppose we should really ask before putting them on the form, but that could take ages?!
Keep it short and sweet. Your closest relatives/friends and the cities and countries they live in. They won’t be getting in touch. It’s just to stop people saying they have nowhere to go in their home countries if faced with deportation.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you so much. So much clearer now. It's confusing until one understands why. I feel this question will reappear on the forums!
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your response.

Just another quick question if you have some insight. My husband is paid a day rate of £400 GBP ... he earns around 8000 before tax each month. However he is not paid on bank holidays ... for his annual salary do we just do 8000 x 12? He is employed through an umbrella company that issues him a p60 and acts as his employer, he receives a pension with them as well. He is on a fixed term non salaried contract.

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 12:03 pm

Thanks so much for your response.

Just another quick question if you have some insight. My husband is paid a day rate of £400 GBP ... he earns around 8000 before tax each month. However he is not paid on bank holidays ... for his annual salary do we just do 8000 x 12? He is employed through an umbrella company that issues him a p60 and acts as his employer, he receives a pension with them as well. He is on a fixed term non salaried contract.
I take it you are applying under Category B?
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

I take it you are applying under Category B?
yup category b
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 4:26 pm

yup category b
Then I would just use the actual total that he earned in the last twelve months.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Then I would just use the actual total that he earned in the last twelve months.
thank you so much.
And one final question to you or anyone else
my spousal expires July 8 2019 ... when should I submit my form online? I realise the earliest I can apply is June 11 but can I submit it online prior to June 11th and book an appointment for after?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 8:33 am

thank you so much.
And one final question to you or anyone else
my spousal expires July 8 2019 ... when should I submit my form online? I realise the earliest I can apply is June 11 but can I submit it online prior to June 11th and book an appointment for after?
When was your initial visa issued?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

When was your initial visa issued?
My spousal visa commenced July 8th 2014 - it expires July 8th 2019.

I have my online formed filled out and ready to go - I just don't know if I should wait till June 11th to submit and get in a priority appointment slot or wait until the 11th submit then and get a priority slot at that point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.