Yet More Payslip Woes

Old Oct 29th 2019, 9:18 am
Just Joined

sine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yet More Payslip Woes

Hi all. My payslip this month shows a pension deduction that lowers my gross pay below £1550. I had been auto enrolled without knowing. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure it won't be deducted in future, but my questions are:

1) Would this payslip now be unusable in terms of supporting evidence, even if my employer provided a cover letter explaining the mistake, and stating it has been rectified for the future?

2) If I wait another month to have 6 months of my *full* pay (plus my first month of just under a month's full pay, and this one with the pension deduction, and cover letters explaining why they are both lower) will that be safer? Or will they still take this lowest amount and base their calculations on that, despite having 6 other payslips that meet the criteria?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom on this.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:20 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet More Payslip Woes

If it’s a deduction then it lowers your net pay, not your gross pay.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If it’s a deduction then it lowers your net pay, not your gross pay.
Yes, that's where I'm confused. It has lowered my gross pay, according to the payslip. I will attach this most recent one, and another for comparison
Old Oct 29th 2019, 10:45 am
Just Joined

I can't seem to upload these straight from my phone, only desktop version
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a salary sacrifice pension?
Your payslip is too small to read.
My husband also has a salary sacrifice pension so it says that the gross pay for tax is ~gross less pension~ eg Husbands salary is £2000, salary sacrifice pension is £100 so the only place it actually says gross pay it is £1900.
So it implies that the gross pay is after pension is deducted but I don't know how UKVI view it ?

If you are not a salary sacrifice pension then it should be deducted in the same area as NI & PAYE and somewhere on your payslip it should say gross/gross for tax & that should be the full salary before any deductions.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johannalouise
Is it a salary sacrifice pension?
Your payslip is too small to read.
My husband also has a salary sacrifice pension so it says that the gross pay for tax is ~gross less pension~ eg Husbands salary is £2000, salary sacrifice pension is £100 so the only place it actually says gross pay it is £1900.
So it implies that the gross pay is after pension is deducted but I don't know how UKVI view it ?

If you are not a salary sacrifice pension then it should be deducted in the same area as NI & PAYE and somewhere on your payslip it should say gross/gross for tax & that should be the full salary before any deductions.
Hi. Thanks for your response. Yes it is listed as a salary sacrifice, and then the gross pay left after that, if they multiplied that by 12, would fall below the 18600. I will try again to upload the images via my phone so they're bigger.

I spoke with my accounts dept and she explained that the rate specified at the top of the payslip is the same as the gross pay - though it isnt labelled that- and that has remained the same so it shouldn't be a problem. I dont know though. I'm worried about using that as one of my 6 months slips and getting rejected on that basis.
Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Old Oct 29th 2019, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Holy crap, now they're massive. Sorry for being an idiot about this!
Old Oct 30th 2019, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

I can see the payslips clearly now.
It's a difficult one as logically the value at the top is the gross value but obviously the only amount actually labelled as gross is under the £1550 monthly requirement.
I'm honestly not sure - perhaps your employers explanation in the letter would be sufficient but the immigration rules don't seem to specify exactly about this situation.
If it only delays your application by a month I would be tempted to wait & apply with a simpler situation.
But it may be that someone with more experience can better advise you about whether or not this will work.
Old Oct 30th 2019, 12:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sine
Hi all. My payslip this month shows a pension deduction that lowers my gross pay below £1550. I had been auto enrolled without knowing. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure it won't be deducted in future, but my questions are:

1) Would this payslip now be unusable in terms of supporting evidence, even if my employer provided a cover letter explaining the mistake, and stating it has been rectified for the future?

2) If I wait another month to have 6 months of my *full* pay (plus my first month of just under a month's full pay, and this one with the pension deduction, and cover letters explaining why they are both lower) will that be safer? Or will they still take this lowest amount and base their calculations on that, despite having 6 other payslips that meet the criteria?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom on this.
Given that your employer enrolled you in the salary sacrificing pension program without your knowledge, I think the best/cleanest solution is to ask them to reverse this deduction and issue you a new pay slip. Best of luck.