Wrong Visa Type

Old Nov 23rd 2017, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

aidy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wrong Visa Type

Originally Posted by gaja00
Just thought to update on my situation just in case someone else comes across this thread looking for answers to the same problem. My wife today got an email from the Sheffield office with the IHS link asking her to make the IHS payment. We’ve made the payment now so fingers crossed we get a decision soon.
great news
Old Mar 27th 2018, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Larry_blac is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyone, please am also in this same situation.

I submitted my application on 15th February. I applied for marriage settlement instead of husband/wife settlement.

Based on what I have read so far, it can go either way and am so scared.

However, I also realised that some people send a letter to the decision office.

Please I would be grateful if I can get information on how to send this letter. Should I just post it go the Sheffield office or do I need to contact UKVI.

I anticipate a speedy response as I paid for priority service and might be hearing from them anytime from now.

Last edited by Larry_blac; Mar 27th 2018 at 7:35 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larry_blac
Everyone, please am also in this same situation.

I submitted my application on 15th February. I applied for marriage settlement instead of husband/wife settlement.

Based on what I have read so far, it can go either way and am so scared.

However, I also realised that some people send a letter to the decision office.

Please I would be grateful if I can get information on how to send this letter. Should I just post it go the Sheffield office or do I need to contact UKVI.

I anticipate a speedy response as I paid for priority service and might be hearing from them anytime from now.
How much did you pay?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
How much did you pay?
Almost £1500 for the visa. Additional payment for value added service gross up to £600 - priority service.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Almost £1500 for the visa. Additional payment for value added service gross up to £600 - priority service.
Did you select the Fiancé/Fiancée option then?
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Did you select the Fiancé/Fiancée option then?
I selected settlement marriage - which from what I gathered is a 6 months visa for me to go to the UK and for us to marry and then apply for a FLR. But what I should have selected is husband settlement.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:06 pm

I selected settlement marriage - which from what I gathered is a 6 months visa for me to go to the UK and for us to marry and then apply for a FLR. But what I should have selected is husband settlement.
You're in the same boat as the OP then. You've paid the correct fee. Hopefully someone will notice the error and correct it for you. I can't imagine it's a particularly rare event. If you get a request to pay the IHS then you know it's been fixed.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

You're in the same boat as the OP then. You've paid the correct fee. Hopefully someone will notice the error and correct it for you. I can't imagine it's a particularly rare event. If you get a request to pay the IHS then you know it's been fixed.
Yes I agree with you that if I get the IHS then it's been fixed.

It's just that the OP stated that he contacted the ECO and someone else said that he sent a letter - it shows that they made effort to notify the ECO. Hence I was hoping to get a contact so I can do the same as well because the normal ukvi contact centre has been of little help.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:21 pm

Yes I agree with you that if I get the IHS then it's been fixed.

It's just that the OP stated that he contacted the ECO and someone else said that he sent a letter - it shows that they made effort to notify the ECO. Hence I was hoping to get a contact so I can do the same as well because the normal ukvi contact centre has been of little help.
The OP contacted UKVI and they confirmed that the visa type had already been changed. You can contact UKVI but you'll need to pay for the privilege.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-insi...the-uk/english
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

The OP contacted UKVI and they confirmed that the visa type had already been changed. You can contact UKVI but you'll need to pay for the privilege.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-insi...the-uk/english
I contacted them by phone and what I was told is that I will just have to wait to see if it was processed as expected. That there's nothing they can do. They weren't so helpful
Old Mar 28th 2018, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

I contacted them by phone and what I was told is that I will just have to wait to see if it was processed as expected. That there's nothing they can do. They weren't so helpful
Hi. Yeah the UKVI wasn’t very helpful for me either. My wife was the applicant so I drafted a letter on her behalf, which she signed, explaining the error and asking for this to be corrected and a link sent for IHS payment to be made. I sent the letter to the Sheffield Vulcan house address where I sent her supporting documents quoting her application number on the envelope.

Don’t beat yourself up so much. I’ve heard from a lot of people that made the same mistake, some even withdrawing their application out of fear of refusal, losing all their money in the process. If you’ve sent all the supporting documents required for a spouse visa and made it clear on the application form that you’re both legally married then I think you should be fine but send the letter to be on the safe side.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi. Yeah the UKVI wasn’t very helpful for me either. My wife was the applicant so I drafted a letter on her behalf, which she signed, explaining the error and asking for this to be corrected and a link sent for IHS payment to be made. I sent the letter to the Sheffield Vulcan house address where I sent her supporting documents quoting her application number on the envelope.

Don’t beat yourself up so much. I’ve heard from a lot of people that made the same mistake, some even withdrawing their application out of fear of refusal, losing all their money in the process. If you’ve sent all the supporting documents required for a spouse visa and made it clear on the application form that you’re both legally married then I think you should be fine but send the letter to be on the safe side.
Many thanks for your response.
I sent the letter today, hopefully it makes it to the right person.
Fingers crossed now.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Today makes it 30 working days which is the time frame for priority service in my country. I got this email from them this morning and I don't know what to make of it.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

I would imagine that applying to the wrong subcategory could have been this complication but am unsure if there is anything else affecting.

Gaja007 please did you get any email like this.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 1:46 am

Today makes it 30 working days which is the time frame for priority service in my country. I got this email from them this morning and I don't know what to make of it.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

I would imagine that applying to the wrong subcategory could have been this complication but am unsure if there is anything else affecting.

I wouldn’t read too much into that email. It’s the stock missive which allows them to miss their service standard target. It’s almost always due to insufficient resources rather that a case actually being ‘not straightforward’.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

No my wife didn't get this email and as BritInParis has advised, I wouldn't read too much into this email. A lot of people get it and still end up with a positive decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.