Wrong Visa Type

Old Oct 24th 2017, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wrong Visa Type

Originally Posted by aidy
so just to update everyone on this,

I got in touch with UK V&I, and they changed the visa type for us, and have now issued the spouse visa, so worked out great!
Hi. I made the same mistake.

I’ve just sent a letter informing them of the error but would be good if I can reach them ASAP. What was the contact detail you used to get in touch with U.K. V&I to change the visa type? I tried calling their standard number online and they were not very helpful, quoting scripted mumbo-jumbo.

Unless the reason why you were told that they changed the visa type was because it had already been done when you received the email for the IHS payment?

Last edited by gaja00; Oct 24th 2017 at 11:06 am.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

so just to update everyone on this,

I got in touch with UK V&I, and they changed the visa type for us, and have now issued the spouse visa, so worked out great!
I would make sure i have details of the communication written down somewhere just in case you need to refer back to it.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

aidy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gaja00
Hi. I made the same mistake.

I’ve just sent a letter informing them of the error but would be good if I can reach them ASAP. What was the contact detail you used to get in touch with U.K. V&I to change the visa type? I tried calling their standard number online and they were not very helpful, quoting scripted mumbo-jumbo.

Unless the reason why you were told that they changed the visa type was because it had already been done when you received the email for the IHS payment?
it was changed in the office, then we had the IHS charge come through, and the visa came through very quickly after that
Old Oct 24th 2017, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by j4v3d
I would make sure i have details of the communication written down somewhere just in case you need to refer back to it.
I agree, however she got the visa and it states spouse on it, now she is in the UK, and a good end until July 2020
Old Oct 24th 2017, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, however she got the visa and it states spouse on it, now she is in the UK, and a good end until July 2020
Brilliant
Old Oct 24th 2017, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

it was changed in the office, then we had the IHS charge come through, and the visa came through very quickly after that
That's great. Really happy for you. Hope in my case, common sense also prevails and they change the settlement type and send the IHS charge through your our application as well.
Old Oct 26th 2017, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Quick question. Was your application priority or non-priority?
Old Oct 29th 2017, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Quick question. Was your application priority or non-priority?
non priority
Old Oct 29th 2017, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

non priority
That was a pretty quick turnaround considering how application processing has been significantly delayed for a lot of people.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 11:04 am
Just Joined

That was a pretty quick turnaround considering how application processing has been significantly delayed for a lot of people.
i found the right contact and was given the direct contact details of the ECO instead of the standard mailbox.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

i found the right contact and was given the direct contact details of the ECO instead of the standard mailbox.
Surprised you were able to get the details of the ECO. Was he/she reviewing the application from Sheffield?
Old Nov 1st 2017, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Surprised you were able to get the details of the ECO. Was he/she reviewing the application from Sheffield?
it was Sheffield, i was lucky to have good contacts from my past industry (travel)
Old Nov 1st 2017, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

it was Sheffield, i was lucky to have good contacts from my past industry (travel)
Ok does that mean you contacted the ECO directly to change the category type from marriage to spouse or was that already done before you contacted the ECO?

My nervousness is that my wife gets rejected due to an error in her application that can easily be corrected but the ECO processing her application is unable to use common sense to resolve the error.
Old Nov 1st 2017, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Not bad, seems like you have the contacts
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Just thought to update on my situation just in case someone else comes across this thread looking for answers to the same problem. My wife today got an email from the Sheffield office with the IHS link asking her to make the IHS payment. We’ve made the payment now so fingers crossed we get a decision soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.