Withdrawing settlement applicaiton

Old Jun 11th 2018, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

gtr01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Withdrawing settlement applicaiton

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any experience in withdrawing a settlement application and know the approximate amount of time it takes to action this? I understand we have to go through the 'contact UKVI' call center route to withdraw the application, but given how slow Sheffield are to respond to escalation requests I wondered if it can also take months even to withdraw an application.

Any advice/experiences people have had in this area I would appreciate your input.

Thanks

Gtr01.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 10:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Withdrawing settlement applicaiton

Withdrawals are dealt with promptly - one less application to process and they already have your money - but why are you withdrawing now after waiting so long?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

gtr01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks- is this based on your personal experience or dealing with applications?

Considering withdrawing it because its been 155 working days now and they don't even respond to escalation requests anymore. The original application could have been stronger and no ability to upgrade to priority. I almost feel withdrawing and then submitting a priority application indexed correctly by a lawyer could be quicker, whereas the current application seems to be stuck at some stage or forgotten with no realistic timeline to an outcome, the internal guidelines at UKVI seem to have not prompted any acceleration of them reviewing the application.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 1:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gtr01

Trust me, he is the Man in the Know around here
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gtr01
Anecdotal evidence but it's pretty consistent.

Considering withdrawing it because its been 155 working days now and they don't even respond to escalation requests anymore. The original application could have been stronger and no ability to upgrade to priority. I almost feel withdrawing and then submitting a priority application indexed correctly by a lawyer could be quicker, whereas the current application seems to be stuck at some stage or forgotten with no realistic timeline to an outcome, the internal guidelines at UKVI seem to have not prompted any acceleration of them reviewing the application.
I would want some kind of decision if I had been waiting that long. Have you contacted your MP?

Any reason why it would be taking so long? You previously mentioned that you are unmarried and applied from Singapore. Are you the British citizen? What nationality is your partner? Are you both legally residing in Singapore? Is it a same-sex relationship? Have either of you been married before? Do either of you have an adverse immigration or criminal history? Is there any other reason why your application may be subjected to extra scrutiny, e.g. large age gap, lack of relationship evidence, previous spouse visa sponsorship, etc..?