Wife's parents want to visit UK when she moves here

Old May 20th 2019, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wife's parents want to visit UK when she moves here

Hello,

My wife has been granted her settlement visa and has booked her flight ticket to join me here in the UK. She will be moving to the UK along with my son in 10 days time

The problem now is her parents want to come with her to "drop her off" so to speak. This is mainly to understand what the UK is like and see the environment that she will be living in. They have already booked their tickets to travel with my wife. I can completely understand their feelings and I would want to do the same thing if I was in their shoes. However for question 18 on my wife's completed settlement visa application form we stated that she would be travelling to the UK alone with my son. I am now worried that if she turns up with her two parents in tow it is going to cause problems at Immigration. My parents-in-law hold Taiwanese passports and plan to enter the UK on visa-free status. They have already booked their return tickets.

Do I need to contact someone at the Home Office about this? I'm really worried that they're all going to get turned away at the airport and my last three months of hard work/expense is all going to be wasted.

Please advise if you can.

Thanks,

Mark
Old May 20th 2019, 12:13 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife's parents want to visit UK when she moves here

You’re overthinking it; it’s nothing to worry about.
Old May 20th 2019, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think there could be some questions asked regarding parents accompanying another person, where that other person is entering on a visa to live in the UK.

Personally, I would ensure the parents are carrying evidence of their lives in Taiwan which will ensure their return to Taiwan.
Old May 20th 2019, 5:38 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl

Personally, I would ensure the parents are carrying evidence of their lives in Taiwan which will ensure their return to Taiwan.
So would I. Belts and braces!
Old May 20th 2019, 6:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You’re overthinking it; it’s nothing to worry about.
Agreed. The in-laws are visitors on return tickets, which has nothing to do with your wife who is on an immigrant visa. At very least if anyone is going to be questioned it will be the in-laws not the OP's wife.