Wife Visa Appeal?

Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

jdotr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife Visa Appeal?

Hi all,

I was hoping for some advise. My wives Visa had been rejected, I live in the UK and she is from Pakistan. Ill give you a slight background and the question will be further below...

My wives visa was rejected for 3 reasons.
1 - They presumed my employment was not genuine!! HAHA!
2 - They wanted more proof of communication as we didn't show communication on ours birthdays and they said they don't accept WhatsApp as a genuine method of contact!
3 - A slight oversight of mine and I had provided 2 days less of the 6 months statements :$#

I decided to appeal as I believe these rejection reasons were Ludacris!!
1 - I presume the application assessor had little understanding on how contract employment works in the U.K. At the time I was working as a contractor under a umbrella company. So I would get paid 5 working days after I had submitted my timesheets & when the hours had been approved by my hiring manager. They said my contract says I get paid weekly yet my payments into the bank account & wage slips weren't weekly!! All they had to do was phone the umbrella company! I am earning above the requirements.
2 - WhatsApp is free, and available pretty much all over the world (as long as you have internet connection)
3 - A slight oversight on my behalf.

So I spoke to the solicitor who has processed the appeal. Its been 3 months and still waiting for an update. The solicitor has chased the relevant team various times but they reply with a standard email to say they are processing various appeals etc.

The questions are.... ( I will also be asking the solicitor but it would be great to see what advise I can get on here )
1) Whilst I wait for the tribunal is there anything I can do to speed up the process?
2) When I get a hearing date, will they take on any additional proof of contact? I went to see my wife in Pakistan for our first anniversary (this was after the appeal) - Can I present this at the hearing ?
3)I understand they are changing the income requirements as of March 2016? Can someone confirm what they will be ? I am a uk citizen.
Old Mar 15th 2016, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Visa Appeal?

Nothing you can do to speed things up

When you get the hearing they may or may not ask for additional evidence

Don't know of any changes to financials in March 2016