Wife is pregnant

Old Nov 13th 2014, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Welshhusband is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Wife is pregnant

My wife has no recouse to public funds stamped in her passport. I am on Carer's Allowance. She is pregnant. What benefits or assistance can she (or I on her behalf) claim? I have been told she can claim Healthy Start which provides milk vouchers, not sure if I have to claim for her.

Anything else?

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2014, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: Wife is pregnant

Originally Posted by Welshhusband
My wife has no recouse to public funds stamped in her passport. I am on Carer's Allowance. She is pregnant. What benefits or assistance can she (or I on her behalf) claim? I have been told she can claim Healthy Start which provides milk vouchers, not sure if I have to claim for her.

Anything else?

Thanks

I'm not sure how it works, but If your baby is British then you will be claiming for the baby, not for your wife per se. The baby will be entitled to child benefit and you will possibly be entitled to child tax credits for the child.

You should start to look into how to apply for tax credits (if you are eligible) as it takes a long time. You can have a look here: https://www.gov.uk/child-tax-credit

What visa does your wife hold?