Wife Family visit

Old Nov 10th 2014, 11:12 am
Just Joined

willolive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife Family visit

Hi,

So new here hope all you knowledgeable people can help me with some things i need to know.

Me and my fiancee are planning to marry in Feb 2015 in Thailand, we met in the UK last year when she was here study english in London.

We want her to come over in April on a family visit visa, but we are wondering when applying for a family visit visa even though we apply just for 10 day visit to come and meet my family do they still give you a 6 month visa. She will be returning to thailand after the 10 days and we are wanting to apply for a Settlemnt visa after this.

My question is if they give her a 6 month visa will she have to wait for the visa to run out before she can apply for the settlement visa?

My second question is i have my own house but it is in my mums name as when i was younger i was given the house to me but kept in my mums name as more secure for payments. When making my invitational letter for the famly visit do i need to get the house owner to invite her aswell and say its ok to use the house or is it just me that needs to do it?

Hope you can all help me with these things and other questions in the future when we decide to start the process

Thanks

Will

P.S. One other questions im sure i know the answer but here it goes. For the settlement visa the financial requirements are 18,600 this number is after tax right not before tax?

Last edited by willolive; Nov 10th 2014 at 11:26 am.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 11:03 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Family visit

Originally Posted by willolive
Hi,

So new here hope all you knowledgeable people can help me with some things i need to know.

Me and my fiancee are planning to marry in Feb 2015 in Thailand, we met in the UK last year when she was here study english in London.

We want her to come over in April on a family visit visa, but we are wondering when applying for a family visit visa even though we apply just for 10 day visit to come and meet my family do they still give you a 6 month visa. She will be returning to thailand after the 10 days and we are wanting to apply for a Settlemnt visa after this.

My question is if they give her a 6 month visa will she have to wait for the visa to run out before she can apply for the settlement visa?
No. If a spouse visa is applied for and granted after your wife returns to Thailand it will cancel any previous visas held.

My second question is i have my own house but it is in my mums name as when i was younger i was given the house to me but kept in my mums name as more secure for payments. When making my invitational letter for the famly visit do i need to get the house owner to invite her aswell and say its ok to use the house or is it just me that needs to do it?
If only your mother's name is on the title deeds of the property then legally your mother is the sole owner. Any private arrangement between yourselves would be irrelevant as far as the Home Office is concerned. Therefore it would be advisable to include a letter from your mother inviting your wife to stay with her.

Hope you can all help me with these things and other questions in the future when we decide to start the process

Thanks

Will

P.S. One other questions im sure i know the answer but here it goes. For the settlement visa the financial requirements are 18,600 this number is after tax right not before tax?
It's your gross salary so before tax.
Old Nov 11th 2014, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
No. If a spouse visa is applied for and granted after your wife returns to Thailand it will cancel any previous visas held.

If only your mother's name is on the title deeds of the property then legally your mother is the sole owner. Any private arrangement between yourselves would be irrelevant as far as the Home Office is concerned. Therefore it would be advisable to include a letter from your mother inviting your wife to stay with her.

It's your gross salary so before tax.

Well i do believe u have answered everything in one go

Thank you so much very much appreciated! Will be back soon i am sure for alot more info.

Old Nov 14th 2014, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Well things have changed pretty quickly and her appeal on a tier 4 student visa got passed

New question. Do Thai people need affirmation to marry like we do over in Thailand? if so do they get it here or in Thailand before they come?
Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willolive
Well things have changed pretty quickly and her appeal on a tier 4 student visa got passed

New question. Do Thai people need affirmation to marry like we do over in Thailand? if so do they get it here or in Thailand before they come?
No idea if there is a Thai 'Certificate of No Impediment' or equivalent. Probably best to find out about it before you leave.

Just a note: a Tier 4 student visa won't lead to settlement for your wife so you may be advised to go for the spouse visa either before or after you arrive in the UK if your plan is to stay long-term.