Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Reply

Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:00 pm
  #16  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: London
Posts: 19
markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You shouldn't need to pay the IHS for your wife's daughter as she should be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter if you are lodging the applications together.
thank you all for you're response , yes i forgot to mention that we will be getting a signed affidavit from the biological father , so i guess it clear that IHS is not required for my wife 's daughter thanks BritInParis for making that clear
markgrant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:16 am
  #17  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: London
Posts: 19
markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

1 more question I will be completing the online application on behave of my wife but I would like to know if I'm allowed to pay from my card because I'm currently in the UK and I know that application have to be submitted from my wife's country which all the paper work side of the application will be send from Jamaica to Sheffield its just that I'm the one who will be paying for it all so I want to know if I can pay for it all from the UK
markgrant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:44 am
  #18  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Inselaffen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Dubai
Posts: 13,548
Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Think you need an inspection report on the accommodation as well
Inselaffen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:15 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: HK
Posts: 68
Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You shouldn't need to pay the IHS for your wife's daughter as she should be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter if you are lodging the applications together.
I am slightly confused why op's step daughter would get ILR right away given she is not his biological daughter hence not British.
Or am I missing something here?
Uxbridge219 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:24 pm
  #20  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 10,619
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219 View Post
I am slightly confused why op's step daughter would get ILR right away given she is not his biological daughter hence not British.
Or am I missing something here?
I'm confused as to why you are confused. If she was British then she wouldn't need to apply for a visa, just her British passport.
BritInParis is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:41 pm
  #21  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 304
az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
I'm confused as to why you are confused. If she was British then she wouldn't need to apply for a visa, just her British passport.
I think the confusion is why does she get ILR on entry and does not need to wait x amount of years like the spouse?
az2014 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:58 pm
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: HK
Posts: 68
Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by az2014 View Post
I think the confusion is why does she get ILR on entry and does not need to wait x amount of years like the spouse?
Perhaps simplify the facts from op's post:

Sponsor = op
Applicant = wife from Jamaica
Dependent = daughter from Jamaican wife (from previous marriage)

I am confused because BIP suggest that the dependent child would get ILR instead of 2.5+2.5 route.

Or, am I still missing something here?
Uxbridge219 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:18 am
  #23  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 10,619
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by az2014 View Post
I think the confusion is why does she get ILR on entry and does not need to wait x amount of years like the spouse?
Originally Posted by Uxbridge219 View Post
Perhaps simplify the facts from op's post:

Sponsor = op
Applicant = wife from Jamaica
Dependent = daughter from Jamaican wife (from previous marriage)

I am confused because BIP suggest that the dependent child would get ILR instead of 2.5+2.5 route.

Or, am I still missing something here?
You may have caught me napping here. We need to know what happened to the biological father.
BritInParis is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:26 am
  #24  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2016
Location: HK
Posts: 68
Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You may have caught me napping here. We need to know what happened to the biological father.
No offence to you BIP as you are the guru here.
Just that your comment of ILR to step daughter caught my eye.
Cheers.
Uxbridge219 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:16 am
  #25  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: London
Posts: 19
markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You may have caught me napping here. We need to know what happened to the biological father.
The daughter , is in full custody of my wife the dad, does not have interest in the child's life , he's happy to sign a affidavit to say as the father of the child he agreed with the decision of my wife moving to uk with the child , but from what I thought I was thinking it would be straight forward and wouldn't be and issue please let me know if there will be complications because my wife can't leave without her child
markgrant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:43 am
  #26  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: London
Posts: 19
markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

And also my wife was never previously married to the child's father
markgrant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:35 pm
  #27  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 10,619
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by markgrant View Post
The daughter , is in full custody of my wife the dad, does not have interest in the child's life , he's happy to sign a affidavit to say as the father of the child he agreed with the decision of my wife moving to uk with the child , but from what I thought I was thinking it would be straight forward and wouldn't be and issue please let me know if there will be complications because my wife can't leave without her child
Originally Posted by markgrant View Post
And also my wife was never previously married to the child's father
Okay, in that case it is likely that you will need to pay the IHS. If the father was deceased or you had formally adopted your stepdaughter then you wouldn't need to pay.
BritInParis is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:38 pm
  #28  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2017
Location: London
Posts: 19
markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Okay, in that case it is likely that you will need to pay the IHS. If the father was deceased or you had formally adopted your stepdaughter then you wouldn't need to pay.
ok thanks for the info much appreciated
markgrant is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement