Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Old Sep 8th 2017, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

hello everyone really hope we could get some advice regarding the spouse visa , we just wanted to know if we've got everything that is needed to be granted the visa

i met my wife in april 2015 in jamaica and we got married in june 2017, she lives in Jamaica so thats where she will be applying from and her 5yr old daughter will also be on the application as a dependant, we have been together over 2 1/2yrs now

we will be providing the following documents

6 months bank statement
6 months weekly payslips - salary is £26000
letter of employment from my job
copy of my contract
50 photos of our wedding and of times of us together duringing my visits to
Jamaica
i have also included screen shot photos of wedding photos on her Facebook and also me posting a picture of us together on her Facebook on valentines day with a valentine message post wishing her a happy valentines.
5 flight itinerary of all my visits since we've been together
whats app log messages over 2000 of them from 2015
whats app log 2017
facebook log 2016
money transfer receipts of over 25+ of them over the years
spouse sponsor letter from me
copy of my british passport of the photo page and of all the stamp pages
appendix 2 form

i will also be adding my tenancy agreement plus 6 months of water bill
and 2 months of my mobile phone bill
and i will also include a letter from my landlord of permission for my wife and her daughter to live at the property

my wife will be adding both her cancelled passport and her current passport with her new married name in the current passport + her daughters passport
2 passport size photo each of her and her daughter
marriage certificate
birth certificate of her and her daughter

Q1
I share a 3 bed room house with my landlord i occupy 2 rooms in the house but my name is not on the counsel bill tax and almost all the bills are included in my rent except for the water bill so i would like to know if 6 months of water bill plus 2months mobile phone bill plus tenancy agreement would be enough for required documents as proof of address

Q2
How much is the NHS and biometric fees and will i have to pay nhs and biometric for her daughter as well she is just 5yrs old

Q3
do you guys think we have got everything needed in place
does my wife have to write a letter as well about our relationship

thanks you guys in advance
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

You seem well prepared.

Q1 Seems fine to me...

Q2 I paid about 600 GBP for the 2.5 year Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). I think you will need to pay for biometrics and IHS for her daughter as well.

Q3 Definitely a good idea to have your wife also write a letter about your relationship and sign it.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by pabonline
You seem well prepared.

Q1 Seems fine to me...

Q2 I paid about 600 GBP for the 2.5 year Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). I think you will need to pay for biometrics and IHS for her daughter as well.

Q3 Definitely a good idea to have your wife also write a letter about your relationship and sign it.
Thanks for the reply pabonline , yeah I'm trying to be as prepared as possible this thing is gonna cost me a arm and a leg so I don't thing I would be able to cope with a refusal so I'm trying my best. Have you got a decision as yet if so how long was you're waiting time
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Haven't got my decision yet, coming up to the critical 3 month point (60 working days), they say every case is different but you should be prepared for a wait...
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't need to pay the IHS for your wife's daughter as she should be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter if you are lodging the applications together.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You shouldn't need to pay the IHS for your wife's daughter as she should be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter if you are lodging the applications together.
It's not clear if the daughter is the OPs biological daughter? If not then she will need written permission or a court order to leave Jamaica with her won't she?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 8:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
It's not clear if the daughter is the OPs biological daughter? If not then she will need written permission or a court order to leave Jamaica with her won't she?
From the father, yes.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quiltman
LOL From what the OP said in his post it seem pretty evident that the daughter is not his i.e.

"i met my wife in april 2015 in jamaica and we got married in june 2017, she lives in Jamaica so thats where she will be applying from and her 5yr old daughter"

2017 - 5 = 2012 DoB, date of meeting his wife 2015, am I missing something in concluding the daughter is not his?
Old Sep 10th 2017, 10:45 am
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
LOL From what the OP said in his post it seem pretty evident that the daughter is not his i.e.

"i met my wife in april 2015 in jamaica and we got married in june 2017, she lives in Jamaica so thats where she will be applying from and her 5yr old daughter"

2017 - 5 = 2012 DoB, date of meeting his wife 2015, am I missing something in concluding the daughter is not his?
No, it was very very clear the daughter is not his, not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 10:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
No, it was very very clear the daughter is not his, not sure why anyone would think otherwise.
Jeez you two, what are you, the post police? IT DOESN'T MATTER!
Old Sep 10th 2017, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Give it a rest you ! what are you?, the thread Policewoman ?

Look at that, logically speaking I can say exactly the same to you
Old Sep 10th 2017, 2:36 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
Give it a rest you ! what are you?, the thread Policewoman ?

Look at that, logically speaking I can say exactly the same to you
Old Sep 10th 2017, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

So to summarise - he will also need to pay IHS for the daughter.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by pabonline
So to summarise - he will also need to pay IHS for the daughter.
That's incorrect.
Old Sep 10th 2017, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Gotcha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.