Need help pls-urgent

Old Sep 13th 2017, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need help pls-urgent

Hello all,
My friend already applied for a spouse visa yesterday and they use the cash savings route. The only financial evidence they provided is the sponsor latest 6months bank statement and in their appnedix 2, they put in their source of income is lifetime savings.Do they need to have evidence where did the money came from. Hope someone will reply. Thank you
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help pls-urgent

Some say that you should submit a paper trail for the source of the savings, such as a few historic bank statements to show money being transfered from current to savings account. We did not submit any such evidence but we did each write a declaration saying the money was from years of my husbands salary and we gave details of his job. I have also seen it advised just to say 'from salary' or 'from savings over x years' so your friend will hopefully be fine.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It's advisable to do so but it's not the end of the world if they haven't. If the amount of money is reasonable given their circumstances then an ECO is unlikely to worry too much.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
Some say that you should submit a paper trail for the source of the savings, such as a few historic bank statements to show money being transfered from current to savings account. We did not submit any such evidence but we did each write a declaration saying the money was from years of my husbands salary and we gave details of his job. I have also seen it advised just to say 'from salary' or 'from savings over x years' so your friend will hopefully be fine.
The sponsor had sold his house last year and that's where his savings came from. Thank you.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It's advisable to do so but it's not the end of the world if they haven't. If the amount of money is reasonable given their circumstances then an ECO is unlikely to worry too much.
I really do hope that the ECO will just gonna be satisfied with whatever evidence they had given. They do have their own solicitor but was not really given any advice about declaring the source of funds. Thank you for the reply.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diane1982
The sponsor had sold his house last year and that's where his savings came from. Thank you.
Originally Posted by diane1982
I really do hope that the ECO will just gonna be satisfied with whatever evidence they had given. They do have their own solicitor but was not really given any advice about declaring the source of funds. Thank you for the reply.
If it's the proceeds of a house sale then they really ought to have written that rather than 'lifetime savings'. Hopefully it won't cause them problems.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

If it's the proceeds of a house sale then they really ought to have written that rather than 'lifetime savings'. Hopefully it won't cause them problems.
I don't know why his solicitor had put lifetime savings.My friend's husband emailed their solicitor and he just said to them that there should be no problem. Hoping the same. Thank you BritInParis.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Another example of why using a solicitor does not automatically lead to a better application and a smoother process.