Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Old Sep 10th 2017, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

markgrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You shouldn't need to pay the IHS for your wife's daughter as she should be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter if you are lodging the applications together.
thank you all for you're response , yes i forgot to mention that we will be getting a signed affidavit from the biological father , so i guess it clear that IHS is not required for my wife 's daughter thanks BritInParis for making that clear
Old Sep 12th 2017, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Wife Applying for Spouse visa we need advice to see if we are on the right track

1 more question I will be completing the online application on behave of my wife but I would like to know if I'm allowed to pay from my card because I'm currently in the UK and I know that application have to be submitted from my wife's country which all the paper work side of the application will be send from Jamaica to Sheffield its just that I'm the one who will be paying for it all so I want to know if I can pay for it all from the UK
Old Sep 12th 2017, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Think you need an inspection report on the accommodation as well
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Uxbridge219 is an unknown quantity at this point

You shouldn't need to pay the IHS for your wife's daughter as she should be granted Indefinite Leave to Enter if you are lodging the applications together.
I am slightly confused why op's step daughter would get ILR right away given she is not his biological daughter hence not British.
Or am I missing something here?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
I am slightly confused why op's step daughter would get ILR right away given she is not his biological daughter hence not British.
Or am I missing something here?
I'm confused as to why you are confused. If she was British then she wouldn't need to apply for a visa, just her British passport.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:41 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm confused as to why you are confused. If she was British then she wouldn't need to apply for a visa, just her British passport.
I think the confusion is why does she get ILR on entry and does not need to wait x amount of years like the spouse?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by az2014
I think the confusion is why does she get ILR on entry and does not need to wait x amount of years like the spouse?
Perhaps simplify the facts from op's post:

Sponsor = op
Applicant = wife from Jamaica
Dependent = daughter from Jamaican wife (from previous marriage)

I am confused because BIP suggest that the dependent child would get ILR instead of 2.5+2.5 route.

Or, am I still missing something here?
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:18 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by az2014
Originally Posted by Uxbridge219
Perhaps simplify the facts from op's post:

Sponsor = op
Applicant = wife from Jamaica
Dependent = daughter from Jamaican wife (from previous marriage)

I am confused because BIP suggest that the dependent child would get ILR instead of 2.5+2.5 route.

Or, am I still missing something here?
You may have caught me napping here. We need to know what happened to the biological father.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

You may have caught me napping here. We need to know what happened to the biological father.
No offence to you BIP as you are the guru here.
Just that your comment of ILR to step daughter caught my eye.
Cheers.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:16 am
Just Joined

The daughter , is in full custody of my wife the dad, does not have interest in the child's life , he's happy to sign a affidavit to say as the father of the child he agreed with the decision of my wife moving to uk with the child , but from what I thought I was thinking it would be straight forward and wouldn't be and issue please let me know if there will be complications because my wife can't leave without her child
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:43 am
Just Joined

And also my wife was never previously married to the child's father
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by markgrant
The daughter , is in full custody of my wife the dad, does not have interest in the child's life , he's happy to sign a affidavit to say as the father of the child he agreed with the decision of my wife moving to uk with the child , but from what I thought I was thinking it would be straight forward and wouldn't be and issue please let me know if there will be complications because my wife can't leave without her child
Originally Posted by markgrant
And also my wife was never previously married to the child's father
Okay, in that case it is likely that you will need to pay the IHS. If the father was deceased or you had formally adopted your stepdaughter then you wouldn't need to pay.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Okay, in that case it is likely that you will need to pay the IHS. If the father was deceased or you had formally adopted your stepdaughter then you wouldn't need to pay.
ok thanks for the info much appreciated