Who's travelling with who to the UK...confused!

Old Aug 12th 2018, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Abercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond reputeAbercrombie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's travelling with who to the UK...confused!

Hi - as always I'm hopeful this amazing forum can assist me with something. I am a British citizen and my husband is applying for a spouse visa so we can return to the UK to live. Here is my question: The plan is for me to go ahead to the UK with the children in order to sort everything out eg rentals / registering our children in school etc. Then he will fly over a few weeks later once everything is sorted out in Sydney (cars sold etc).

As we are filling out the visa application, this means that we are stating that we are all still here in Sydney (at the time of applying), and that he will be travelling alone (as myself and the children will go on ahead). I'm concerned about how this will "look" on the application. What would your advice be about the best way to present our scenario - in terms of who is where at the time of application / who should travel with who etc. Obviously we want to minimise the amount of time that the 4 of us are split up but I am confused about how we should best position ourselves.

Thank you so much in advance.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 6:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's travelling with who to the UK...confused!

What you propose is perfectly normal. A spouse visa holder may accompany or join their spouse in the UK; what they can’t do is travel on ahead of their sponsor. I would just put a few lines in your covering letter explaining your plan.