Whoops! Public funds?

Old Dec 1st 2016, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoops! Public funds?

Just adding, there is now an online application form for FLR(M) which I understand is simpler. By the time you apply, that may be the only option. It was too late for us to use it as we had paid everything already. If using the paper version is still an option when you apply, always check that you are using the latest version. Ours changed a week before we applied!
Old Dec 1st 2016, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
Thanks Perth. Has your husband ever received a UK Pension? If he does, then he might well be sent the WFA automatically. If he is pensioner then he should inform DWP of his new address when you arrive and let them know he is under immigration control. If he is not a pensioner, he will probably not be sent the WFA automatically. It has been a terrible two months for us, trying to get this sorted out! I am glad your plans to relocate are going ahead. Exciting times for you! Whatever we can do on the forum to help, just let us know.
No, that would not be his situation. I guess I was confused as to why he is receiving a British pension if he is an immigrant? Please excuse my ignorance if it is totally obvious but I am feeling a bit stressed right now
Old Dec 1st 2016, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

No problem! He receives a pension because he worked here in the sixties. Everyone over a certain age is entitled to the WFA but if not receiving a pension would most likely have to apply for it. Filling out a form would make it clear that anyone under immigration control is not entitled to it.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

No problem! He receives a pension because he worked here in the sixties. Everyone over a certain age is entitled to the WFA but if not receiving a pension would most likely have to apply for it. Filling out a form would make it clear that anyone under immigration control is not entitled to it.
Got it. Thanks so much. We are fortunate that we will not need it in any case. And just to clarify, OH at 70 and a USC would be entitled to a bus pass and it not be deemed public funds?
Old Dec 1st 2016, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think he might be but we did not risk it and certainly would not now we have been through all the stress over the WFA!
Old Dec 1st 2016, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think he might be but we did not risk it and certainly would not now we have been through all the stress over the WFA!
But isn't that what the freedom pass is? At least the London version of a transport pass, right?
Old Dec 1st 2016, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is but not sure if it comes under public funds. Probably not but we would not take that chance.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

It is but not sure if it comes under public funds. Probably not but we would not take that chance.
OK good idea
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Just adding, there is now an online application form for FLR(M) which I understand is simpler. By the time you apply, that may be the only option. It was too late for us to use it as we had paid everything already. If using the paper version is still an option when you apply, always check that you are using the latest version. Ours changed a week before we applied!
Thanks for the heads up!
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Good stuff. Nice to know that honesty pays once in a while!
Dishonesty certainly isn't anymore!

With UKVI now checking their previous history, there are pages of posts from those who have been accused of deception for a previous visa they got. Mainly they are refused ILR, or refused BC and had their ILR removed.

They are expressing surprise that they got away with it at the time and got a visa and now they have been caught. A few days later they receive an IS96 - person liable to be detained. They are on their way home with 'deception' on their record.

Honesty always pays.

Last edited by formula; Dec 2nd 2016 at 3:36 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

It certainly does! Our bundle of documents dealing with this matter was rather large! I was worried they would not even accept us for a same day decision but my husband insisted quite rightly in including every detail of what had transpired and every post office receipt of every letter he wrote! Both of us are 'overthinkers' but sometimes you have to be. We could not live a life hiding the truth.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

It certainly does! Our bundle of documents dealing with this matter was rather large! I was worried they would not even accept us for a same day decision but my husband insisted quite rightly in including every detail of what had transpired and every post office receipt of every letter he wrote! Both of us are 'overthinkers' but sometimes you have to be. We could not live a life hiding the truth.
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Naz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Winter fuel allowance is not considered public funds for immigration purposes so there's no need to declare it.

How about housing benefit?

Can i use my mother's council home that she receives housing benefit for to sponsor my wife from pakistan? Clearly I'm not accessing public funds as my mum is already in receipt of housing benefits. Please advise asap.

Thanks

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 5th 2016 at 7:52 am. Reason: Email address removed - please don't put your personal info on the forum
Old Dec 7th 2016, 7:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Naz30
How about housing benefit?

Can i use my mother's council home that she receives housing benefit for to sponsor my wife from pakistan? Clearly I'm not accessing public funds as my mum is already in receipt of housing benefits. Please advise asap.

Thanks
What you quoted from me was incorrect but to answer your question if your mother was receiving the housing benefit then it wouldn't affect your wife if she was only living in the same house. If your wife tried to claim housing benefit in her own name then that would be a different matter.
Old Dec 7th 2016, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Naz30 is an unknown quantity at this point

What you quoted from me was incorrect but to answer your question if your mother was receiving the housing benefit then it wouldn't affect your wife if she was only living in the same house. If your wife tried to claim housing benefit in her own name then that would be a different matter.
This statement from the accommodation guidelines suggests the contrary;

An applicant under Appendix FM under a 5-year route to settlement as a partner, parent or dependent child must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household. This must be accommodation which the family own or which they occupy exclusively.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.