Whoops! Public funds?

Old Oct 5th 2016, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoops! Public funds?

Old Oct 5th 2016, 8:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
I had to Google to find out what a Freedom Pass was - trust you southerners to have a fancy name for a bus pass
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It is a strange name! Suggests emancipation from slavery!
Old Oct 5th 2016, 11:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It is a strange name! Suggests emancipation from slavery!
Emancipation from having to walk, maybe
Old Nov 6th 2016, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding winter fuel allowance again. My husband is the citizen and drawing his state pension. We returned last October and has not received winter allowance but told me this morning he has written to them to see if he qualifies. I just want to get this straight before we have to do FLR. Can he claim his fuel allowance in his name? As I live in the house and not at pension age yet and cannot have recourse to public funds should they only pay him half or can he get the full amount in his name?
Old Nov 6th 2016, 6:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Regarding winter fuel allowance again. My husband is the citizen and drawing his state pension. We returned last October and has not received winter allowance but told me this morning he has written to them to see if he qualifies. I just want to get this straight before we have to do FLR. Can he claim his fuel allowance in his name? As I live in the house and not at pension age yet and cannot have recourse to public funds should they only pay him half or can he get the full amount in his name?
He will get the full amount in his name, the payment is made per household and is £200, if there is on;y one person of pensionable age they will receive the full amount, if both are the money will be divided between the two, if there are three or more the amount is still the same just divided into smaller amounts. My wife was very put out when I became qualified to receive it as her payment halved.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:16 am
Concierge

I'm still on the first stage of my spouse visa. My Brit husband has a part state pension, the winter fuel allowance was just automatically put into his account after we returned to the UK. Didn't think anything of it, and am not the slightest bit worried.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, the end of our saga regarding the winter fuel payments. We repaid the allowances given us. I think it is only automatically sent to pensioners and that is why my husband was sent his. We hope they do not send him any more!

The good news is that he was granted his FLR(M) today at Croydon. He was up front about what had transpired with the winter fuel payments and submitted supporting documents.

We are so relieved!! It has been so stressful! Thanks BritInParis!
Old Nov 30th 2016, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

The good news is that he was granted his FLR(M) today at Croydon. He was up front about what had transpired with the winter fuel payments and submitted supporting documents.
The government guidance on taking public funds is quite clear, that if it is an administrative error then this is not a reason to deny a visa. That doesn't mean they get to keep the money though

He paid it back, he didn't conceal this, = he gets the visa.

Congratulations.

Last edited by formula; Nov 30th 2016 at 1:03 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks formula!
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. Nice to know that honesty pays once in a while!
Old Nov 30th 2016, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the end of our saga regarding the winter fuel payments. We repaid the allowances given us. I think it is only automatically sent to pensioners and that is why my husband was sent his. We hope they do not send him any more!

We are so relieved!! It has been so stressful! Thanks BritInParis!
Michali, how can one avoid this happening? I won't be eligible, but my husband, who will be the one with the visa, will be 70 when we arrive. Hate too have to go through what you went through.

Huge congrats for FLR
Old Nov 30th 2016, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Perth. Has your husband ever received a UK Pension? If he does, then he might well be sent the WFA automatically. If he is pensioner then he should inform DWP of his new address when you arrive and let them know he is under immigration control. If he is not a pensioner, he will probably not be sent the WFA automatically. It has been a terrible two months for us, trying to get this sorted out! I am glad your plans to relocate are going ahead. Exciting times for you! Whatever we can do on the forum to help, just let us know.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Michali, now you can relax again for a couple of years! I am dreading going for FLR as OH does not want to pay for same day service and wants me to post it. We also intend moving house so that will be more form filling.
Old Dec 1st 2016, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Hopefully, your OH will change his mind about the same day service. We also were going to post ours in light of our complication, but our solicitor ( who we engaged to help us deal with our rather unique problem) almost insisted we attend the PSC and we are so glad he did! Applications by post take at least a couple of months. The staff at the PSC's are really helpful and pleasant and the system is very efficient.

Moving home should not be a problem as long as you can show official correspondence to both addresses and, of course, deeds etc. Believe it or not, we are going to look at the application for ILR in the next few days just so we know what is what. We also need to confirm that my husband will not receive any future WFA. After that we will relax for awhile!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.