Where should we put the savings?

Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice
Default Re: Where should we put the savings?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why can't this be a normal help thread?

I asked for tyre shop recommendations and got several.
I asked for how to do something and go several suggestions.
I asked for maids and got lots of suggestions.

Is that not what the OP wants rather than people touting for business? Punting your number at folk looking for work is a bit different to offering a suggestion, no?
Offering to actually speak to someone who is actually looking for advice is a bit different than touting for business as far as I am concerned, I genuinely thought I was being helpful-I've had plenty of opportunity to 'tout for business' on the forum by bringing up what I do but haven't done it before as it is a bit spammy, the difference here is that there is someone asking for advice and I'm able to provide them with that face to face in the city they live in as opposed to a faceless forum. The problem with asking for financial advice online is that everyone has a different way of looking at it, threads like this can cause more problems than they solve......did for me anyway!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:10 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

When I make my 1st liquid million (Turkish Lira) I am giving it to Norm, not to invest just as a thank you for cheering me up sometimes.

Though what you should do is spend it on cars!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/au...pagewanted=all
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, can we get back to the topic at hand and stop throwing mud around to see if it will stick .. it's not helping the OP.

Thank you
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
It took me a week to pluck the courage up to ask for advice on here as i knew it would turn sour.
Thank you all for your help and advice.
Hi Crewegirl, sorry your thread has turned out the way it has, certainly wasn't my intention when I replied to you.

Sorry again

Can we all move on now?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Imack1811
Offering to actually speak to someone who is actually looking for advice is a bit different than touting for business as far as I am concerned, I genuinely thought I was being helpful-I've had plenty of opportunity to 'tout for business' on the forum by bringing up what I do but haven't done it before as it is a bit spammy, the difference here is that there is someone asking for advice and I'm able to provide them with that face to face in the city they live in as opposed to a faceless forum. The problem with asking for financial advice online is that everyone has a different way of looking at it, threads like this can cause more problems than they solve......did for me anyway!
Wasn't having a pop, I just don't get the difference this thread has compared to asking about which tyre shop, or which maid company to use. People just talk about experience and where they've gone there. Still, it's slim differences, but differences all the same IMO.

Hi Crewegirl, sorry your thread has turned out the way it has, certainly wasn't my intention when I replied to you.

Sorry again

Can we all move on now?
This will probably get deleted anyway, but yeah. You obv mean no harm eh mate.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:53 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Every thread turns sour in here don't take it personally
I blame the climate, well that and where we live
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by shiva
Every thread turns sour in here don't take it personally
I blame the climate, well that and where we live
Of course you ****ing would you numpty.

See, we can't help it.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Scamp;10597171]Wasn't having a pop, I just don't get the difference this thread has compared to asking about which tyre shop, or which maid company to use. People just talk about experience and where they've gone there. Still, it's slim differences, but differences all the same IMO.

No worries Scamp, fair point, cheers
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:55 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you ****ing would you numpty.

See, we can't help it.
And you can shut the **** up

Last edited by britexpat76; Mar 11th 2013 at 2:56 pm. Reason: Forgot the smiley winky thing
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

No worries Scamp, fair point, cheers
Like I say, just my opinion, others will differ eh.

Frankly, I'm disgusted that sealing it in a sandwich bag and dumping in the cistern wasn't taken seriously.

Originally Posted by britexpat76
And you can shut the **** up
I'll teabag you in your sleep when you next come to Dubai.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:03 pm
Shark Fisherman

Like I say, just my opinion, others will differ eh.

Frankly, I'm disgusted that sealing it in a sandwich bag and dumping in the cistern wasn't taken seriously.

I'll teabag you in your sleep when you next come to Dubai.
I shall get booking my flight!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Mrs isn't allowed.

It's about time I met you.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:07 pm
Shark Fisherman

Mrs isn't allowed.

It's about time I met you.
The 1st sentence is a given. The 2nd sentence is a little sinister.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:08 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Boys, is there something you would like to share?