Where to send the Spouse Visa application? Please help

Old Apr 2nd 2019, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

danigirl18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where to send the Spouse Visa application? Please help

Hello there!

Please can anyone advise me on this,

1. I am working overseas for more than 2 years with valid residence working permit, then when I called the British embassy (visa section) where I am currently working they told me to apply from my home origin but when I called the Embassy from my home origin they said I can apply from the country where I am currently living but it will take bit more time for verification as they still have to forward all my papers to my home origin. So now I am totally confuse really confuse Does it really needed for me to fly back to my home country of origin just to submit my visa application or I can do it where I am currently living? Please can anyone advise and confirmed as this will help me save 1000gbp for the plane ticket. As I am planning to permanently leave work only until if my visa will be granted.

2. Is negative Tuberculosis test certificate issued from other country can be accepted as part of visa application? Or it has to be done from your home country origin as well? Because if visa application has to be done from the home origin I was planning to take short work leave just to submit my application and fly back to my work overseas, so I will have no time to do TB test from my home origin but instead take my TB test certificate where I am currently living. Will this plan can affect my visa application??

Thank you
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to send the Spouse Visa application? Please help

Originally Posted by danigirl18
Hello there!

Please can anyone advise me on this,

1. I am working overseas for more than 2 years with valid residence working permit, then when I called the British embassy (visa section) where I am currently working they told me to apply from my home origin but when I called the Embassy from my home origin they said I can apply from the country where I am currently living but it will take bit more time for verification as they still have to forward all my papers to my home origin. So now I am totally confuse really confuse Does it really needed for me to fly back to my home country of origin just to submit my visa application or I can do it where I am currently living? Please can anyone advise and confirmed as this will help me save 1000gbp for the plane ticket. As I am planning to permanently leave work only until if my visa will be granted.

2. Is negative Tuberculosis test certificate issued from other country can be accepted as part of visa application? Or it has to be done from your home country origin as well? Because if visa application has to be done from the home origin I was planning to take short work leave just to submit my application and fly back to my work overseas, so I will have no time to do TB test from my home origin but instead take my TB test certificate where I am currently living. Will this plan can affect my visa application??

Thank you
Submit from the country where you are presently resident. As far as you can show you are there legally. Also if the country where you are legally and presently resident is part of those that must do the TB testing, then do it there. No need flying back home just to submit