Where can we apply from?

Old Apr 8th 2022, 3:07 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where can we apply from?

Just a little background.

I've not lived in the UK since 1996. I have lived mostly in the US and recently the Caribbean. I am now a US citizen and am married to my USC wife. We have 2 UK/US children.

The unthinkable has happened. We are considering living in the UK for a while. We currently live in Grenada in the West Indies, but my work contract is ending and we will depart at the end of May.

I have read all the threads and understand the costs and requirements of moving to the UK. We are able to meet all the requirements.

One thing I can't work out is where to apply from. From my understanding we can all go to the UK from here and my wife would enter on a 6-month visitor, but she cannot apply for the Family Visa from the UK, she would have to return to the US and apply from there. Or we could all go to the US, apply, and wait the 12+ weeks (gosh, how much faster than the reverse!)

Any suggestions or best practices?
Old Apr 8th 2022, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where can we apply from?

Go to the US and apply from there.... if you can fulfill the necessary requirements you could obtain the spouse visa which allows you to travel to the UK together.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf