When is earliest can I apply for spouse visa?

Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

xluoxluoxluo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When is earliest can I apply for spouse visa?

Hello everyone!
My husband (UK citizen) started working in the UK on January 29th, 2018. Does that mean the earliest to apply is July 29th? I'm asking because he gets paid on the 15th every month, therefore already accumulated 6 payslips. Meanwhile I've already submitted the application on visa4uk, do I have to redo it on/after July 29th?

Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate it.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When is earliest can I apply for spouse visa?

Based on your start of work and payslip schedule I look at it like this:

Feb 15 payslip = 2 weeks of work
March 15 payslip = 1 month of work
April 15 payslip = 1 month of work
May 15 payslip = 1 month of work
June 15 payslip = 1 month of work
July 15 payslip = 1 month of work

You July 15 payslip adds up to 5 months and 2 weeks of work.

Personally I would obtain an August payslip to have a full 6 months of payslips and apply following that date
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the quick reply!

Actually on 15th every month, he gets paid for the entire month, which means the July 15th payslip already covers July1- July 31st. So We've already got payslips for 6 months.

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Based on your start of work and payslip schedule I look at it like this:

Feb 15 payslip = 2 weeks of work
March 15 payslip = 1 month of work
April 15 payslip = 1 month of work
May 15 payslip = 1 month of work
June 15 payslip = 1 month of work
July 15 payslip = 1 month of work

You July 15 payslip adds up to 5 months and 2 weeks of work.

Personally I would obtain an August payslip to have a full 6 months of payslips and apply following that date
Old Jul 17th 2018, 10:46 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xluoxluoxluo

Actually on 15th every month, he gets paid for the entire month, which means the July 15th payslip already covers July1- July 31st. So We've already got payslips for 6 months.
You may want to be sure of that, as my monthly payslips cover the previous month (ie 10th July payslip covers 1st June to 30th June.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

For the sake of a few weeks, I'd wait until the August payslip.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

.... that's unusual..... he gets paid in advance ......

If so, then you have the payslips you require.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 7:12 am
Just Joined

CK1991 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
My husband (UK citizen) started working in the UK on January 29th, 2018. Does that mean the earliest to apply is July 29th? I'm asking because he gets paid on the 15th every month, therefore already accumulated 6 payslips. Meanwhile I've already submitted the application on visa4uk, do I have to redo it on/after July 29th?

Thank you very much for the help. I really appreciate it.
Hi, my situation is very similar to yours! My husband started work on the same date but he gets paid around 25th - 27th of the month. So, his first pay was on Feb 25th (this was for the whole of Feb and the extra 2 days in Jan).

However, I posted a question regarding bank statements and I was advised not to apply before my husband completes his 6 months of employment i.e. before 29 July. So, just to be safe, we will be applying on 1st August. Please see the link to my thread below:

Date of Payslips and Bank statements

Hope this helps! Good luck for your application!

Last edited by CK1991; Jul 18th 2018 at 7:14 am.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CK1991
Hi, my situation is very similar to yours! My husband started work on the same date but he gets paid around 25th - 27th of the month. So, his first pay was on Feb 25th (this was for the whole of Feb and the extra 2 days in Jan).

However, I posted a question regarding bank statements and I was advised not to apply before my husband completes his 6 months of employment i.e. before 29 July. So, just to be safe, we will be applying on 1st August. Please see the link to my thread below:

Date of Payslips and Bank statements

Hope this helps! Good luck for your application!
Thank you so much!! Good luck with your application as well
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
.... that's unusual..... he gets paid in advance ......

If so, then you have the payslips you require.
Yeah I guess if he decides to quit one day... gotta do it on the 16th! :P