When did you first meet your sponsor in person?

Old Nov 27th 2014, 11:39 am
Just Joined

James1859 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question When did you first meet your sponsor in person?

Hello Friends

I'm in the process of filling in the APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A) FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS FORM.

On there, there are a couple of questions that me and my wife are not sure how to answer!

My Dad (now passed) and my wife's dad were close friends, and we've had family visits all the way up to 1999 when I left the country for UK. At the time me and wife were 13 or 14 years old.

My family migrated to the UK, then 14 years later we got back in touch through Facebook. I went and visited them, we had long chats and we clicked, then decided to get married.

The questions on the form ask this:

• Have you met your sponsor?
  • When did you first meet your sponsor in person?
  • When did your relationship begin?
So we'll tick 'Yes' because she has met me (the sponsor), but what do I put for the meeting date?

Also what is their definition of a 'relationship'? We had long chats on Facebook, and when I visited my wife's family, we again stayed long into the night chatting and talking about our childhood memories, but does that count as a relationship?

We're both confused and we'd greatly appreciate some clarification.

Thank You.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When did you first meet your sponsor in person?

You first met as children..literally. I would put a date that is as close as you can remember.

As far as your 'relationship' start date goes, I'm a bit old fashioned. I would say that it was during the in-person visit when you realized you had 'feelings' and decided to get married.

(Darn autocorrect :-))

Last edited by Vadio; Nov 27th 2014 at 5:04 pm.