Old Apr 22nd 2022, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

mavaas11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to Apply FLRM, Maximise ILR window

Hi,

brp start 27/10/2020
My spouse arrived in the UK on 29/11/2020
brp expires on 02/08/2023

I know you should earliest 28 days before completing 30 months.
But for ILR to get maximum time to apply for ILR, when is the best time to apply

I think they add 28 days left over from your current spouse visa.

When is the best date to apply anyone can advise and calculate, i want to maximise time for ILR.

All replies welcome.

thanks guys
Old Apr 22nd 2022, 12:38 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to Apply FLRM, Maximise ILR window

The ‘best’ time to solely maximise the time for ILR would be 2 August 2023 but I suggest applying at least a day in advance in case you have technical difficulties.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
The ‘best’ time to solely maximise the time for ILR would be 2 August 2023 but I suggest applying at least a day in advance in case you have technical difficulties.
Thanks BIP, the question is do they add 28 days of my 1st visa to FLRM. So wouldn't it be better to apply say 5th July 2023, to get those days added, which works out better. unsure if that's a thing, but I'm sure i read somewhere about that. Visas are definitely very complex things

Old Apr 23rd 2022, 2:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mavaas11 View Post
Thanks BIP, the question is do they add 28 days of my 1st visa to FLRM. So wouldn't it be better to apply say 5th July 2023, to get those days added, which works out better. unsure if that's a thing, but I'm sure i read somewhere about that. Visas are definitely very complex things

You’ll just be granted 30 months from the date of approval so the later the application the better.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Just to mention that when my wife got her FLR in 2018, she was given 31 months from date of approval, which perplexed us. I called to check and was told that the case officer can give more than 30 months at his discretion if 30 months would leave a very small ILR window (so we ended up with a 43 day window rather than only 13). Clearly this can't be guaranteed though !!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DernierVirage View Post
Just to mention that when my wife got her FLR in 2018, she was given 31 months from date of approval, which perplexed us. I called to check and was told that the case officer can give more than 30 months at his discretion if 30 months would leave a very small ILR window (so we ended up with a 43 day window rather than only 13). Clearly this can't be guaranteed though !!!!
Thanks Dernier, let us hope we get a lenient one. I know you can apply 28 days before the 5 year anniversary. Somewhere I also read you can apply 28 days before your initial entry clearance was granted. The former is definitely true. But I just want to maximise my ILR.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
You’ll just be granted 30 months from the date of approval so the later the application the better.
Thank You BIP. Is it better to apply standard or priority. Is it true if you apply standard they will consider the application later and issue the 30 months from then?. Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by mavaas11 View Post
Thank You BIP. Is it better to apply standard or priority. Is it true if you apply standard they will consider the application later and issue the 30 months from then?. Thanks
Effectively yes. However your wife won’t be able to leave the UK during the application process which could be lengthy with standard processing so you should factor that into your decision.