British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   What's app messages (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/whats-app-messages-923034/)

Hasanp2244 Mar 8th 2019 3:10 pm

What's app messages

I have a ton of whats app messages that are in a different language. Now me.and my wife have been together for 7 years we got married last October. We have plenty of photos flights and holidays together. Is it really necessary to send all of these messages and necessary to translate them because on the appendix I see nothing about what's app messages. They want to know the f the relationship is genuine well wouldnt photos and holidays together and marriage certificate and wedding cermoney photos be enough. Surely they won't read all of these whats app messages. Anyone got any opinions? It will cost a lot of money to get it translated because its states anything that is not in English must be translated and certified by a translator.

Bingbing25 Mar 8th 2019 3:41 pm

Re: What's app messages

Why don't you select the ones in English and send them? There's no need to send every single communication record.

bookerw100 Mar 8th 2019 3:43 pm

If you have other (sufficient) means of proving that your relationship is genuine, like photos, flight tickets etc I personally won't think its required to send all the whatsapp messages especially if they are in a different language. But I know some people here have sent heaps and heaps of messages too. So if you have other options to prove your relationship is genuine, I would use that instead.

Hasanp2244 Mar 8th 2019 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bingbing25 (Post 12650198)
Why don't you select the ones in English and send them? There's no need to send every single communication record.

Only one or two words here and there are in English so I don't think they will accept that

Hasanp2244 Mar 8th 2019 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by bookerw100 (Post 12650200)
If you have other (sufficient) means of proving that your relationship is genuine, like photos, flight tickets etc I personally won't think its required to send all the whatsapp messages especially if they are in a different language. But I know some people here have sent heaps and heaps of messages too. So if you have other options to prove your relationship is genuine, I would use that instead.

I have a lot of stuff but I just want to be extra safe

Bingbing25 Mar 8th 2019 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Hasanp2244 (Post 12650221)
I have a lot of stuff but I just want to be extra safe

Since Whatapp messages are not something that's required, I think it's your call. If you don't feel confident enough with your other evidence, then do what you said, translate them and send them. But personally I wouldn't think that's necessary if you have lots of other stuff. You can explain this in a cover letter.

Hasanp2244 Mar 8th 2019 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bingbing25 (Post 12650226)
Since Whatapp messages are not something that's required, I think it's your call. If you don't feel confident enough with your other evidence, then do what you said, translate them and send them. But personally I wouldn't think that's necessary if you have lots of other stuff. You can explain this in a cover letter.

I am very confident in my relationship evidence but I have seen a lot of people send whatsapp conversations. I have 7 years worth of photos and calls surely that's enough evidence. I just don't want them to have any excuses