What is the next stage

Old Apr 27th 2014, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Ducado is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the next stage

So we now have the Entry Visa. It says valid until January 2017. My wife is coming in June after she graduates from the University. What do we have to do next? Can anyone provide me with a link to the regulations please?
Old Apr 27th 2014, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: What is the next stage

What entry visa? Spouse visa? EEA FP? Visit visa?
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:20 am
Just Joined

We have a spouse visa. Sorry thought "Entry" and "Wife" made it obvious. Don't think they give Wives visit visas.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ducado
We have a spouse visa. Sorry thought "Entry" and "Wife" made it obvious. Don't think they give Wives visit visas.
Of course they do - where the UK spouse is not able to sponsor her, so she comes to visit only.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

A wife can apply for any visa she wants - my civil partner has entered the UK on visit visas 4 times so far. The next one will be an EEA family permit - which is also often called a visa.

Hence, I had no idea which visa you were talking about.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Before my Wife passed her English exam, we enquired of many immigration lawyers as to whether we could get a visit visa for her and we were told "Forget it" as she had more reason to stay here than to return to her home Country. Even when I lived there, we applied for a joint visit visa and had to prove not only that we had enough money to return there but also good reason too- like our Condo which we owned jointly. I was told a spouse visa was more likely to be granted once she passed her exam.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 6:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Before my Wife passed her English exam, we enquired of many immigration lawyers as to whether we could get a visit visa for her and we were told "Forget it" as she had more reason to stay here than to return to her home Country. Even when I lived there, we applied for a joint visit visa and had to prove not only that we had enough money to return there but also good reason too- like our Condo which we owned jointly. I was told a spouse visa was more likely to be granted once she passed her exam.
As she now has the visa I would assume that she can just come over here to live, you must have fulfilled all the requirements for her to get the visa.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 7:25 am
Just Joined

What I am asking as the title says "what is the next stage"? In 2 1/2 years time we have to apply again. Can anyone give me a link to the regulations at that stage? I have no idea how this developed into a spouse visit visa thread.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 10:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

As it stands she'll need to apply for further leave to remain which will give her another two and a half years after which she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and then naturalisation as a British citizen if wishes.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family
Old Apr 28th 2014, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
As it stands she'll need to apply for further leave to remain which will give her another two and a half years after which she can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain and then naturalisation as a British citizen if wishes.

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

Are you certain that is the link? It seems pretty vague. We already have the 1st visa.
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Are you certain that is the link? It seems pretty vague. We already have the 1st visa.
This is the bit you need from that article, which you would have seen had you read it carefully.

How long you can stay

<You can stay for 2 and a half years. You’ll be able to apply to extend again towards the end of that.

You can also apply to settle permanently in the UK once you’re eligible.>

if you go to the article some of the words are in blue, click on them and they will give you the info you need.