What was my Mothers status?

Old Apr 29th 2019, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

infocat13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What was my Mothers status?

The last time I logged in here it was 2015 so I have discovered over the years its best to ask a question all over again, besides I have some disability in regards to memory loss and there have been some new law cases out of Scotland and the UK high court overturning some of the old registration requirements
I am sure the registration requirements for 1914 Minor child and the 1948 citizen act are still in place?
I am sure I can get a UK ancestry work permit

My grandfather was born in 1901 in the UK
He and his father served together WW-1 for the Canadian army
My mother was born in Vancouver BC in 1931
This is from a word document that I wrote:

""""""BSWC

British Subject without Citizenship
Or a CUCK?
Or stateless for a few years?

My Grandfather was born in the UK in 1901 and my mother was born in the dominion of Canada on May 16th, 1931

On 1 Jan 1948 the UK nationality act went into force at that time my mother was 17 years 7 months and 16 days old

A minor child

She had become an American Citizen in 1947 backdated to 1943, the age of majority at that time was 21 years of age

The Government of Canada deems people who had naturalized to have not become citizens on 1 Jan 1947, So my grandparents and my mother did become citizens of Canada.

CP 9

Acquisition and Loss of Canadian

Citizenship in force in 2009 """

My grans and mother became citizens of the united states in the summer of 1947 backdated to 1943 so this perhaps does away with the stateless problem, still, my mother was a minor in till the early 1950s where she could have registered her birth with the UK

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...hip-1949-1986/
I think she did not but here is where you can check if someone did!
So last time I was here I think our hive mind was no to Double descent or right to Adobe?
Here is where I get confused how do you lose right to adobe or this right to citizenship My mother after 1983 perhaps had the right to citizenship through descent but only for her

Happy news! C-24 Canada citizenship acts , My brothers and I are now Canadian citizens as of about 2015 back to the time of our births as are all British subjects born in Canada before 1947 however being a retroactive commonwealth citizen for our deceased mother if the home office effects whether you became a BSWC in 1948 right? I make the claim that the UK says for Right of Adobe what matters was your grans or your parents a citizen at the time of your birth.
Also, a Canadian law post-2015/1982 does not restore rights under the 1914/1948 minor child registrations rights?

Old Apr 29th 2019, 8:26 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was my Mothers status?

When and where you and your brother born?
Old Apr 29th 2019, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

America 1955 and 1958
Old Apr 29th 2019, 7:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. I suspect the retrospective grant of Canadian citizenship has given you the ability to apply for a UK Ancestry visa at the cost of blocking your route to instant British citizenship under the Romein case.
Old Apr 29th 2019, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

I wonder If I can do the double descent rule?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 12:29 am

I’m not sure what you’re referring to. It’s normally not possible to pass on British citizenship to the second generation born abroad. Have either you or your brother attempted to claim your Canadian citizenship?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Yes, we are now Canadians!

I just submitted an online UKM claiming the UK grandfather
My mother was a British Subject under the 1914 UK citizenship act and was a minor child on Jan 1948 UK citizenship act, under that act she had the right to register her citizenship until the 1983 act went into force
She did not register me or herself
In 1947 the year of Canada's citizenship law passage my mother and grandfather were living in the United States but where not yet citizens of the united states but somehow did not become citizens of Canada The 1914 and 1948 law states a minor child at 21 may resume citizenship so my mother was stateless or she was a BSWC

Attached Files
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by infocat13
Yes, we are now Canadians!

I just submitted an online UKM claiming the UK grandfather
My mother was a British Subject under the 1914 UK citizenship act and was a minor child on Jan 1948 UK citizenship act, under that act she had the right to register her citizenship until the 1983 act went into force
She did not register me or herself
In 1947 the year of Canada's citizenship law passage my mother and grandfather were living in the United States but where not yet citizens of the united states but somehow did not become citizens of Canada The 1914 and 1948 law states a minor child at 21 may resume citizenship so my mother was stateless or she was a BSWC
Your mother was never stateless as, at a minimum, she would’ve either been a British subject or a CUKC by descent thanks to her father’s birth in the UK.

When you say you are now Canadians, do you hold a Canadian passport or citizenship certificate?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Interesting. I suspect the retrospective grant of Canadian citizenship has given you the ability to apply for a UK Ancestry visa at the cost of blocking your route to instant British citizenship under the Romein case.
Thanks for this answer I have seen it before in places something to do with the British mother had her son in America and not a Commonwealth nation?
I do not understand why?
My mother was a minor child in 1943 when she naturalized in the states the 1914 and 1948 act seem s say she could have regained her citizenship by registering and it is my grandfather who lost his British subject. At that time she had not become a Canadian and she was not a Canadian in 1983. I did the online UKM and I am going to send in a cover letter I think I will be rejected but I want to know what reasons they will give***
I think she did not do so? and being a woman she could not have registered me
Had they been in Canada (in 1947)they would have become Canadians and not CUCK's right? The way the 1948 law reads is that if she did not become commonwealth citizen she was a British subject without citizenship

*** I have a guess my mother's citizenship paper is dated 2 July 1947 6 months after the Canada act but its effective date was 22 Jan 1943 so the home office could say she was a Canadian citizen for 6 months and then lost it, therefore, extinguishing her 1914/1945 minor child rights

Quote, I’m not sure what you’re referring to. It’s normally not possible to pass on British citizenship to the second generation born abroad. Have either you or your brother attempted to claim your Canadian citizenship? Quote

The Army was not good to my knees or memory so are you saying my mother was a citizen by descent? IE she was born abroad
Old Apr 30th 2019, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Your mother was never stateless as, at a minimum, she would’ve either been a British subject or a CUKC by descent thanks to her father’s birth in the UK.

When you say you are now Canadians, do you hold a Canadian passport or citizenship certificate?
Thanks for the answer

And a CUCK by descent may not pass on citizenship right?

We both have Canadain citizen certificates dated back to our births!

Having trouble with the passport I need to find a reference (2)
The requirement to have a UK reference for the citizen application is also causing me problems I only gave them 1 reference
Old Apr 30th 2019, 11:50 am

Can you confirm that your mother and her parents all naturalised as US citizens in 1947? What was the reason for the backdating?
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Can you confirm that your mother and her parents all naturalized as US citizens in 1947? What was the reason for the backdating?
Yes, I have her naturalization certificate on my laptop 2 July 1947 effective 22 Jan 1943 I do not know why its backdated. Not so sure if her parents where at the same time
Old Apr 30th 2019, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by infocat13
Yes, I have her naturalization certificate on my laptop 2 July 1947 effective 22 Jan 1943 I do not know why its backdated. Not so sure if her parents were at the same time
My Grandmother was naturalized on Jan 8, 1943, I found the document on the church of latter day saints
Edit ; My grandfather naturalized on Jan 22, 1943

Last edited by infocat13; Apr 30th 2019 at 10:00 pm.
Old May 1st 2019, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Stanley Edward Gordon Torry and his father John Stanley Torry Enrolled 48th Highlanders, 12th York Rangers Posted to camp 1915, Electrician and Manager Manufactory.
Now I am going to see if My great Grandfather served in the UK before immigrating to Cannada