What do you think?

Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Ducado is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you think?

We applied for a UK settlement visa for my Caribbean Wife in October last Year. We supplied everything that was required including Bank Statements etc. Proving my income exceeded the minimum threshold. However, the application was put on hold, due to my not being able to send proof of a Tax Return, pending the High Court hearing. I had only just returned to the UK after being away for many, many Years. On April 6 this Year I filed and forwarded my Tax return which proved my self employed earnings well above the threshold. Last Thursday we received an email saying the application could be collected from Kingston the following Day or for those outside Jamaica await another email. Do you think it is a Yes? Or what?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice
Default Re: What do you think?

It sounds good that they contacted you but it's hard to say for sure. You just never know.

I take it you are not in Jamaica? Hope you replied to the email. You will know soon!

All the best
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chaoclive
It sounds good that they contacted you but it's hard to say for sure. You just never know.

I take it you are not in Jamaica? Hope you replied to the email. You will know soon!

All the best
The email is a non reply one
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

Oh...I guess you're just gonna have to wait.

Try not to think about it
Old Apr 14th 2014, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chaoclive
Oh...I guess you're just gonna have to wait.

Try not to think about it
Why on Earth don't they say Granted or Rejected instead of wait a Week or so to find out?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

When my husband applied for his visit visa, he received the same email, saying that another email would be sent regarding delivery of documents. We did not get the second email but Fedex delivered the package the next day. Hope it is a good result for you. We have also applied for a settlement visa to be processed in Kingston. Hope we do not have to wait as long as you did! They never tell you in their email if the visa has been granted but hopefully you will not have to wait long to know!
Old Apr 18th 2014, 3:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
When my husband applied for his visit visa, he received the same email, saying that another email would be sent regarding delivery of documents. We did not get the second email but Fedex delivered the package the next day. Hope it is a good result for you. We have also applied for a settlement visa to be processed in Kingston. Hope we do not have to wait as long as you did! They never tell you in their email if the visa has been granted but hopefully you will not have to wait long to know!
Yesterday Morning, at 8.20am Caribbean Time, I received a call from the British Embassy confirming that my Wife's passport had arrived and that the visa was installed therein. Less than 1 hour later, she was at the desk collecting it. All's well that ends well.

Last edited by Ducado; Apr 18th 2014 at 3:33 am.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! We too have received the email and tracking Fedex, I see the package will be delivered next Wednesday. However, I am not very confident because the application form changed in recent times and we neglected to send some evidence they require. We will see.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 12:43 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ducado
Yesterday Morning, at 8.20am Caribbean Time, I received a call from the British Embassy confirming that my Wife's passport had arrived and that the visa was installed therein. Less than 1 hour later, she was at the desk collecting it. All's well that ends well.
Originally Posted by michali
Congratulations! We too have received the email and tracking Fedex, I see the package will be delivered next Wednesday. However, I am not very confident because the application form changed in recent times and we neglected to send some evidence they require. We will see.
Congratulations Ducado! Great news!

And best of luck that your evidence was sufficient, Michali...
Old Apr 18th 2014, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks WEBlue! I will post back.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WEBlue
Congratulations Ducado! Great news!

And best of luck that your evidence was sufficient, Michali...

Thank you. We are both over the Moon.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Congrats Ducado....wish you all the best with your move.

And michali....hope it arrives with no problems

Cheers
Nigel
Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Congrats Ducado....wish you all the best with your move.

And michali....hope it arrives with no problems

Cheers
Nigel

I am not moving. I am here. My Wife is going to be moving here.