we met online and got married in our first meeting

Old Apr 26th 2019, 7:40 am
Just Joined

essayed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default we met online and got married in our first meeting

Hello everyone, my wife and I met online 2 years ago, we got married one year ago when she visited me for the first time, and then we lived together for 6 months and then in the past 6 months she traveled back to UK for work so we can do the visa. (during this past 6 months, she took vacation from her work and visited me for a week)
my question is, is our case anyhow suspicious because we got married in the first time we met? or is it ok to apply because we lived with each other for a while?
Old Apr 26th 2019, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: we met online and got married in our first meeting

That's very strange way of getting married in my mind...

on application form, it asks you "first day you met", "last time you have seen each other" also, "marriage date".
In theory the website says "You must have met each other and be legally married", which you are now, but you have to have very good proof of relationship to make sure it does not look like "fake arranged marriage".
Old Apr 26th 2019, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nora_
That's very strange way of getting married in my mind...

on application form, it asks you "first day you met", "last time you have seen each other" also, "marriage date".
In theory the website says "You must have met each other and be legally married", which you are now, but you have to have very good proof of relationship to make sure it does not look like "fake arranged marriage".
Really? I never thought its strange or suspicious until I saw someone wrote about it here so I joined to ask. We were living with each other after marriage normally for 6 months then we decided we better travel is this a good proof of our relationship? We decided to get married after we knew each other on the internet and we decided if we met in person and we were happy with one another we will get married and I asked the permission from her family and they agreed and we made party that only my family attended because her family is in the UK, but we will make another party when we go there for her family. Well that was the plan but now I don't know because I am worried that we spent this months a part for nothing.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Can you please tell me what is considered to be a good proof of our relationship?
Old Apr 26th 2019, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute

I think every case is different and one can't judge just by this. You have lived together for 6 months and she has also visited you afterwards. That imo should count for something. People have various reasons for doing what they do and not everyone's story will be the regular one people are used to. I would say put together a good proof of relationship and hope for the best. Things like marriage certificate, proof of your communication in the one year before you married and during the time spent apart after the marriage, pictures of you both together during the 6 months and 1 week you lived together (with family and friends), wedding pics, bank statements if she has been sending money to you or you have been sending to her, joint bank account if you have etc.
Old May 9th 2019, 12:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It is unusual but living together for six months after the wedding is good. Were there cultural reasons why you married so soon after meeting in person?
Old May 10th 2019, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It is unusual but living together for six months after the wedding is good. Were there cultural reasons why you married so soon after meeting in person?
yes its religious reasons as we can't have (free relation) unless we are married, and we just married and settled down in my country until we decided we want to live in the UK..
should we write that in our application?
Old May 10th 2019, 5:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by essayed
yes its religious reasons as we can't have (free relation) unless we are married, and we just married and settled down in my country until we decided we want to live in the UK..
Lots of people have the same beliefs, but they still don't usually marry the first time they meet! It is very unusual from a UK point of view. But all you can do is explain it and see what happens.
Old May 10th 2019, 5:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you should.
Old May 10th 2019, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Lots of people have the same beliefs, but they still don't usually marry the first time they meet! It is very unusual from a UK point of view. But all you can do is explain it and see what happens.
we knew each other online for a year before we get married so its not that we just didnt know each other and we met and married like in a vacation or something.
we married the first time we met because we were not planning to go to the UK we just got married and settled down. we changed our plans later.
there was no point of going back to UK and come again to visit me to marry as we set up everything before she visited.
I don't know if what we did will make my situation weak, but we were living normally as married couple.
Old May 10th 2019, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Yes, you should.
ok thank you for mentioning that. do you also think that our situation will still be weak?
Old May 10th 2019, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

I didnt know that it would be such a big problem in our application. I am starting to think not to apply if thats the case. Because what else we can do?
Old May 10th 2019, 5:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know that it would be such a big problem in our application. I am starting to think not to apply if thats the case. Because what else we can do?
You can't change the fact that you married on your first meeting, so there's not much point worrying about that now.

You really only have two choices if you want to live together.
You can apply for the UK spouse visa, providing all of the evidence you've mentioned and providing a cover letter explaining why you chose to marry on your first meeting, or your wife can apply for a visa to live in your country with you.

I hope it works out for you both.

Old May 10th 2019, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You can't change the fact that you married on your first meeting, so there's not much point worrying about that now.

You really only have two choices if you want to live together.
You can apply for the UK spouse visa, providing all of the evidence you've mentioned and providing a cover letter explaining why you chose to marry on your first meeting, or your wife can apply for a visa to live in your country with you.

I hope it works out for you both.
yes thank you. she has a residency here because we were living together. thanks to everyone.
Old May 10th 2019, 6:18 pm

ok thank you for mentioning that. do you also think that our situation will still be weak?
Many people are married in the circumstances you describe for cultural or religious reasons. It doesn’t mean your application will be weaker or stronger for this being the case for you but you should mention it so your ECO is in possession of all the pertinent facts before making their decision as to whether they believe your relationship to be genuine or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.