We got the Visa!!!

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

nic_in_london is on a distinguished road
Default We got the Visa!!!

I just want to say thank you for all the help received from this forum, my husband Visa arrived today and I'm very grateful.

I also want to add a few things about the supporting documents I submitted.
We went the savings route - the account was in my husbands name only (the applicant) it was his rolled over 401K and was held as cash reserves in Fidelity Investments. The account was on quarterly statements, the last statement we had was for December 2013, there was no January statement available. We got Fidelity to write a letter to this affect and had them state the balance on the date of the letter and that no withdrawals had been made. We also included the end of year tax statement only because it does show me as a beneficiary.

As far as accommodation, I included an email from my friend to say we were staying at her house until we found our own accommodation. She included in this email, how many rooms she had in the house, all the names, passport numbers and ages of the occupants and her contact numbers. I just included the printed email. She also emailed me her council tax statement that she receives online, I just printed this off too so no original documents as it were. We did state numerous times that this was not where we would be living but staying temporarily until we found our own accommodation.

My husband the US citizen also has a job offer, I included this info with our application too, I know technically we didnt need to but the whole purpose of supplying accommodation/ savings info is too prove you wont be a burden as it were, so I figured it doesnt hurt.

Anyway, there it is. I hope maybe this information may help others.

Thanks again - here is my timeline too

6th Feb 2014 Electronic Application
10th Feb 2014 Biometric Appointment
13th Feb 2014 Purchased priority processing
13th Feb 2014 FedEx'd Documents To Sheffield
17th Feb 2014 Documents arrived at Sheffield
18th Feb 2014 Visa application email from UKBA
7th Mar 2014 "Decision made" email
10th Mar 2014 Recieved Visa
Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default Re: We got the Visa!!!

Congratulations! Sounds like you were very thorough in your documentation and it paid off. Wish you all the best and again congratulations!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news and thanks for the breakdown of your application, it should hopefully help others in the future
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:02 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!

Thanks so much for sharing some background as it will help others going through the process.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

Congratulations to you both!! You make it sound easy. But I am still scared as hell..!!

One thing. You mentioned the money was in his account only. Does it matter who's account it is in as I am putting the money into my Lloyds bank account in the uk?
Just want to make sure that I have everything correct!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Savings can be in the name of the applicant, the sponsor or both (jointly). Issues will arise if they are held jointly with a third party
Old Mar 11th 2014, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

CDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond reputeCDNtoUK has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Such a relief, even though you know you've done everything right, it's still so stressful.

We used the saving route as well in November/December. I should note for others that we just included a signed letter as proof of our accommodation with friends (size of property, passport no's etc) which we also explained would be temporary. We didn't include council tax bills or any other proof of ownership on their home.

We used priority processing but I think the total time from documents shipped to actually receiving the visa back was 10 days.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

What great news! It does seem though that it depends to a certain extent on the ECO dealing with cases as to whether the visa is granted. Sometimes copies of documents are not accepted and I would still encourage anyone applying to do their best to provide exactly what is required. Well done, nic_in_london! Enjoy your new life!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Hello nic,
Thank you for the detail. And well done. Good luck with your move.
I am getting my visa package ready. Worked on it for a couple of hours last night. Simillar sit to you - my wife is the USC and we plan on moving to the UK - I have lived in VA for 27yrs so some questions if you don't mind?
1. How did you prove your marriage (just your marriage cert?)(anything else - photos?)
2. What is "purchase priority processing"? How do you do that? How much? Is it recommended?
3. Where was the biometrics done - how did that all work? I just did mine for a green card renewal two yrs back and it was caos! (you applied on Th 6th and had an appointment on Mon 10th - wow that seems really fast). Did you leaved the appointment with some sort of document? Is that to be mailed along with package?
Thanks
Cheers
Nigel
Old Mar 11th 2014, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I can help with some information here!

We have been married for 47 years so I just sent 15 photos covering parts of that period of time along with some correspondence and bills showing we have always lived together. However, I had no correspondence from before 1998! And, yes, of course your marriage certificate.

Purchase priority is something you pay for at the time of application I believe, but we did not have that option so cannot give details.

When you have submitted your online application, you pay for the visa and then set up your biometric appointment and pay for that. My husband did his here in the Bahamas and it is always orderly and easy! You are given a receipt which you include with your documents. I am presuming the process is the same from the US but I am sure others will chime in if there are differences for you.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic_in_london
I just want to say thank you for all the help received from this forum, my husband Visa arrived today and I'm very grateful.

10th Mar 2014 Recieved Visa
So great to hear some GOOD news for a change. Well done and congrats!!!!
Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

nic_in_london is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ncoomber
Hello nic,
Thank you for the detail. And well done. Good luck with your move.
I am getting my visa package ready. Worked on it for a couple of hours last night. Simillar sit to you - my wife is the USC and we plan on moving to the UK - I have lived in VA for 27yrs so some questions if you don't mind?
1. How did you prove your marriage (just your marriage cert?)(anything else - photos?)
2. What is "purchase priority processing"? How do you do that? How much? Is it recommended?
3. Where was the biometrics done - how did that all work? I just did mine for a green card renewal two yrs back and it was caos! (you applied on Th 6th and had an appointment on Mon 10th - wow that seems really fast). Did you leaved the appointment with some sort of document? Is that to be mailed along with package?
Thanks
Cheers
Nigel
Hi and thank you

so 1) I included out marriage cert, a wedding photo, a couple of photos I printed out, our property tax statement in both of our names and a past travel itinery

2) priority is from worldbridge - its $300 and if you need your visa by a certain time I would recommend it as you never know. A week before I applied they were taking a couple of days and you can see from this thread here on UK-Yankee that things are taking a LOT longer now

worldbridge - https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/dest_org.aspx

uk yankee thread on timelines - http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=82258.0

and uk yankee thread on worldbridge - http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=82199.0

3) when you complete your application online, it will then give you the option to book biometrics. you take with you your email confirmation and they stamp it, you them include this with your application.

I also included a letter of sponsorship too - see this http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...es/spousal.pdf
and this
http://www.londonelegance.com/transp...s/spousal-visa

figured it couldnt hurt but not sure its entirely neccessary.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

Just a thought.. if you did get denied a visa and you have all the relevent paperwork and evidence that they require can you appeal? And would you have much luck with the appeal? I am just thinking of all possible events. Even though we do have all the correct information that is required.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice

Originally Posted by uk_sweetie
Just a thought.. if you did get denied a visa and you have all the relevent paperwork and evidence that they require can you appeal? And would you have much luck with the appeal? I am just thinking of all possible events. Even though we do have all the correct information that is required.
yes - check out the last link in nic's post above - at the end of it there are some details about appeals.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Hi nic,
Thank you for your reply - I will do likewise. And thanks for the links too
Cheers
Nigel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.