Are We Good to Submit VAF 4A and Appendix 2?

Old Jun 6th 2016, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Lmr529 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are We Good to Submit VAF 4A and Appendix 2?

We are very nervous about this whole process of applying for a UK Spouse Visa for hubby. Briefly, I am UK & US Dual citizen wife with USC hubby of 30 years, we live in USA; I am also an only child and Mum (in UK) has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s etc. We now need to live permanently in the UK. We have been lucky enough to spend several months each year in the UK, DH really enjoys life there and we have a good foundation of friends.

We are applying for UK Spouse Visa using the 3E (Pension income route) and will just use both of our US Social Security pensions plus my UK State Pension. I think we have sufficient supporting documentation etc. but would really appreciate your advice.

APPLICANT (my husband, US Citizen)
VAF 4A
USC’s introductory letter

Printed (from online application) and signed VAF 4A (Dec 2013)

US Birth Certificate (sealed and certified) plus copy

Settlement Priority Processing Receipt (from online system)??
Question - Biometrics – does he get paperwork for this while completing form online and are the biometrics taken in the USA or UK??

Health Surcharge proof of payment – I think this is accessible during online completion of VAF 4A?

2 passport sized color photographs

Current (2014-2024) US Passport plus copy

Previous (2004-2014) US Passport plus copy
Question – do these copies need to be certified/notarized or???

Excel spreadsheet showing Date, Location and Reason with approximate Duration of each immigration Stamp in his above referenced Passports plus copy

APPENDIX 2 (wife UK citizen and naturalized US citizen is Sponsor)
Part 1 - Relationship
US Citizen -Sealed and Certified Divorce Absolute from 1976 plus copy

Current Sealed and Certified Marriage Certificate from 1986 plus copy

My letter of support for the Applicant

Typed signed Appendix 2 (VAF 4A), Dec. 2013 plus copy

My “Extract Entry of Birth” signed by the Assistant Registrar of that time (1949) plus copy

My “Certificate of making Decree Nisi Absolute (Divorce)” 1975 stamped by the “SE (illegible) of the Family Division of the High Court of Justice” plus copy
Questions and info – (a) Is my Birth Certificate required as I have UK Passports etc.? (b) I applied (and paid) for a certified and sealed copy of my
Divorce Certificate from the Central Family Court in London May 16th, I have received a receipt but not yet received the documents (will be phoning the Court on June 6 to enquire). I wasn’t sure whether the Divorce proof I have would be sufficient but we really need to move to the UK as soon as possible, what do you think?

My current and previous UK Passports (years 2003-2025) plus copy

My current and previous USA Passports (years 2013-2023) plus copy
Question – Should I send all of the above info re my passports?

Part 2 – Accommodation
Letter from my Mum giving approval for Hubby to live in her/my house together with a brief description of the accommodation plus copy

Land Register Deed document showing Mum and I joint owners etc. of property plus copy

Part 3 – Financial (Pension route 3E)
Letter from UK Pension Service announcing my weekly benefit from April 2016 and printed Statement from my UK online account showing deposit of this monthly amount plus copy

My Benefit Verification Letter from USA Social Security Admin, dated June 3, 2016 confirming my gross monthly Social Security benefit plus copy

Husband's Benefit Verification Letter from USA Social Security Admin, dated June 3, 2016 confirming his gross monthly Social Security benefit plus copy

Letter from US bank with current statement showing deposits of the two US SSA benefits plus copy
Question – do we need to refer to the Oanda rate of exchange equivalent? (Total monthly income from these three “pensions” more than meets the financial requirement)

Part 5 – Continuation/Additional

1983 photograph before marriage plus copy

1986 Wedding Day photograph plus copy

1991 holiday photograph plus copy

1993 Official Insurance document should names & addresses plus copy

2000 Official Mortgage document showing names & addresses plus copy

2008 ditto

2010 Official Property Tax document showing names & addresses plus copy

2015 ditto

2017 Official Property Homeowner’s Insurance document showing names & addresses etc.

Sorry this is so long but I found it difficult to cover 30+ years. Thank you for your patience in reading this.