Wanting to move back to the UK with US husband.

Old Mar 20th 2022, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Hiroshi91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move back to the UK with US husband.

Hello everyone.

I’ve been living in Texas for 7 years going on 8 years. I met my husband online and we started the K1 visa for me to come to America to live. we’ve been together since 2012 got married in 2014.

My husband and I would like to move to the UK to live. I’ve searched around and can’t get a straight answer to this question. Will I have to leave him and go back to the UK to find work and a place to live before we can start the visa application? Or is there a way we both can go down together?
I know the immigration rules for coming to the US but not too familiar with going to the UK.

if anyone has any advice for us I would greatly appreciate it.
Old Mar 21st 2022, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move back to the UK with US husband.

To travel together you can apply from the US if:

- you have 62,500 GBP savings which you have held for 6 months.
- you, the British sponsor have been in a job in the US earning the equivalent of 18.600GBP per annum AND you have a job to go to in the UK also earning 18,600GBP or above.
- you have pensions/investments which provide an income of 18,600GBP or above.

Apart from the above you, the Brit sponsor, would need to return to UK and work for 6 months before applying.

Read the following document carefully to see how you could qualify:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf
Old Mar 24th 2022, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move back to the UK with US husband.

Also just to pile on, check the insane prices the UK visa costs - congrats you just won the most expensive visa in the world lottery. Then check the current application times, which have been stretched by the Ukrainian refugee influx. The UK suspended premium processing and escalation procedures. Nice. Then for grins and giggles, check whether you can even get an appointment at the USCIS in the next 4 months anywhere. Oh but you cant do that before you pay out for the visa.... If you are wondering why I mentioned the USCIS, they are the Muppet show that's been contracted to collect biometrics and paperwork on behalf of the UK. We could not find an appointment anywhere on the West Coast for the next 4 months at any of the 15 application centers were went to online. It's really a very bad time to be looking at moving back to the UK. Just my recent experience, which was a total CF from start to finish....