Visa4UK Site Updating

Old Mar 3rd 2016, 9:25 am
Just Joined

nbyronm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa4UK Site Updating

Hello all,

I am trying to apply at the Visa4UK site (https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome) and noticed that it has been only semi-functional while it is updating. Does anyone know how long this updating is supposed to take? Is there another way I am supposed to apply if this is not working?
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa4UK Site Updating

I had the same issue last week, it would not load or keep some of the information I was typing.I needed to sign back in a couple more times and go back through the form again before it was resolved. Very frustrating.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:52 am
Just Joined

ceritos is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a much bigger issue at play. It seems as though they are implementing a new more streamlined form for UK Visas but have not given any thought to the consequences of only opening up the new system to certain countries. I don't think it is particularly wise to remove the old system while the new is in beta.

So, try and start a Family Vistor UK visa for a Colombian (as I've successfuly done four or five times before).

1. Go to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

2. Check to see if Colombia is part of the beta form

3. No it's not - get "This service is not currently available in your country of application, we therefore recommend you apply using an alternative service."
(I haven't gone through every country but Argentina, Brazil, Chile are also affected)

4. No alternative service is offered so that's the end of that!

Maybe I'll print out our last online visa application, tipex out the changes and fax it to the Consulate in Bogota!

Last edited by ceritos; Mar 7th 2016 at 10:56 am.
Old Mar 10th 2016, 8:42 am
Just Joined

ceritos is an unknown quantity at this point

This also affects USA, Canada and Australia