Visa rejection - stipend payslips. Please advise!

Old Jul 11th 2018, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Mochadot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa rejection - stipend payslips. Please advise!

I applied for a UK settlement visa in April 2018 and have just received a rejection letter stating the reason is we do not meet the financial requirements.

The problem being the main source of our income is from a training bursary for postgraduate education that my wife (sponsor) will receive. Apparently the immigration law states that it cannot be used as prospective income without evidence that the bursary has been given to you. That is you need to provide payslips. This is what the website states:
    1. (iv) a maintenance grant or stipend associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research.
  2. (bb) Payslips must be:
    1. (i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
    2. (ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic

Q. Has anyone shown a stipend/ training bursary to support their financial requirements? I'm not clear if we need 6 months of payslips or if we can reapply sooner.

We supplemented the application with savings as well and current income( together well over the required 18,600£) but the the rejection letter only focused on not being able to count the training bursary.

I would really appreciate any advice you might have! Thank you
Old Jul 11th 2018, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa rejection - stipend payslips. Please advise!

If you use a stipend as part of your application you must either:

Provide documentation proof that you WILL be getting the stipend within three months of your application OR

Provide payslips to show you are already receiving it ......

Read the following document section 6.5.1 (G) to clarify

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Jul 11th 2018, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

PhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond repute

You mention having a salary and savings, how much is your salary and how much do you have in savings?
Old Jul 12th 2018, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for this! Wish I had seen it earlier
Old Jul 12th 2018, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Stipend amount was 17,400 ( but this was not accepted) and we supplemented with cash savings worth 27,000