VISA QUERIES

Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:39 am
Just Joined

filipina0123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VISA QUERIES

Hello everyone! I am a new member here. I hope someone can help me with all my queries. I really find this site very helpful as I am reading all the blogs and forum.
I am married to British citizen, we got married Oct 2014. I have 2 kids with my previous marriage, daughter (15y/o) and son (7 1/2 y/o). My husband and I are currently working abroad and my kids are staying with us as well, I would like to know should we plan to settle in UK, what visa should be better for my kids and I , visa that can enable them to attend the government schools and can avail medical benefits, etc.
Thank you.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA QUERIES

You would need a spouse visa and as your children are under 18 they would travel as minors on your visa application, there may be an extra cost associated with your application but your children would not need to get visas in their own rights. At least that's how it worked with my wife and step son.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Thank you Gazza-d! Would the spouse visa let my kids attend the government school? Would that mean, I will only apply for my visa and it will be automatic for them? For additional information also my kids are not yet adopted by my husband.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Once you are in the UK you will automatically avail of all facilities. You would obviously give all information concerning your children during the visa process and they would also receive the appropriate visa in their passports.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 7:46 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filipina0123
Hello everyone! I am a new member here. I hope someone can help me with all my queries. I really find this site very helpful as I am reading all the blogs and forum.
I am married to British citizen, we got married Oct 2014. I have 2 kids with my previous marriage, daughter (15y/o) and son (7 1/2 y/o). My husband and I are currently working abroad and my kids are staying with us as well, I would like to know should we plan to settle in UK, what visa should be better for my kids and I , visa that can enable them to attend the government schools and can avail medical benefits, etc.
Thank you.
The spouse visa is likely to be the only available for you, details here.

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

You husband has to fulfil the financial requirements, and it would be for you and the two children.

You would have to ensure that you have the legal right to remove the children to the UK, either by a letter from the father or a court order.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Thank you Mikelincs.
No issue with the financial requirements, thank God. The issue I think is the court order. That does mean through adoption only?
And should I comply to all these, can the spouse visa allow my kids to attend to government (public) school in UK?

Thank you again.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 8:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Mikelincs.
No issue with the financial requirements, thank God. The issue I think is the court order. That does mean through adoption only?
And should I comply to all these, can the spouse visa allow my kids to attend to government (public) school in UK?

Thank you again.
Yes they would, The court order, or a notarised letter from the father is needed, if the children have been legally adopted by your husband then that shouldn't be a problem but Britin Paris will surely be along to give you the absolute advice as he is the resident expert on things like this.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 9:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have re-opened this thread despite it being one of several duplicates.

The rest will be deleted.

Note to the OP. The private message system is not to be used as you have done.
Please keep your enquiries to the open forums.
Thanks.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 11th 2016 at 9:18 am.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Mikelincs.

Thank you again.
Once your children are resident in the UK they must attend school.
Unless you pay a large amount for them to attend what the Brits call 'Public School' then they will need to attend the nearest state (government) school. The school that they will attend generally depends on where you live - you will be in the catchment area for one.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

When my wife had her interview at the embassy she just stated that she had had no contact with the farther and didn't know his whereabouts, it worked for us. Things have changed a bit since then and the application is now initiated online. You may or may not be called to an interview.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Your husband would need to sponsor you and your children for visas to the UK. For the children you will need to show that you have sole responsibility for them and are therefore allowed to move them out of your country.
Have a read of the visa details
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
Don't be confused by the wording of your husband being settled in the UK, as he will be settled when he returns to the UK with you (or before you).

This to see what catagory he can sponsor the three of you under.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf

Once you and your children all have your visas, your children will be able to attend state schools for free. You and your children will also be able to use the NHS without being billed as you will have all paid the Immigration Health Surcharge (£600 each) with your visa applications.
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigr...ation/overview

Your husband is a British citizen and does not have to to pay to use the NHS when he is residing in the UK.

Last edited by formula; Feb 11th 2016 at 2:24 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

thank you pollyana

thanks formula! re: my children the only solution is for my husband to adopt them?

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 11th 2016 at 7:27 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks formula! re: my children the only solution is for my husband to adopt them?
No, if your husband can sponsor them for visas, once they are in the UK they will have access to public (state) schools and health care.

Your husband must show income of 24,800 GBP per annum to be able to sponsor you and your children.

Read the document Formula sent you to ascertain under which category you can qualify.

IF he cannot qualify to sponsor them, then he would need to adopt them and when they are then British citizens (which sounds like a long process) he would then not need to sponsor them but only you.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

thank you sandiegogirl! while reading the site https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview, i got worried about the what being said there that i cant get public funds for me and my dependents. that does mean my kids wont be able to attend state school for free?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

thank you sandiegogirl! while reading the visa details about how to Apply to join family living permanently in the UK, i got worried about what it says there that i cant get public funds for myself and my dependents. that does mean they cant attend state school for free?
thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.