Visa for my wife

Old Jun 9th 2019, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

odjilo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for my wife

Hi, I am a British citizen living and working abroad, I am married to a Congolese woman, with whom we had our first child last year. I applied for a British passport for my daughter, and we received it early this year. I am now planning to move back to the UK and would like to relocate with my family. But my wife needs a visa, and I cannot travel with the child alone, as she's a toddler and needs her mother. I have looked through numerous website but i can't seem to find any information on my situation. The only available option seem to be temporary separation, going from 3 months to 6 months. My question is, how do i go about this? is there any possibility for us to avoid being split? is there a way for us to travel together as a family?

Thanks,

Oscar
Old Jun 9th 2019, 1:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for my wife

There is a route to a spouse visa based on cash savings (money in a bank account), with £62,500 (or foreign currency equivalent) being the amount required, and which must have been held for 6 months, unless it is from the sale of your home, when the time held requirement is waived.

Alternatively if you are currently employed earning at least £18,600 (equivalent) and have a written offer of employment in the UK to start within three months earning at least £18,600, then you can also use that to support a spouse visa.

Both of the above routes enable you to return to the UK together as a family.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 9th 2019 at 1:15 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2019, 8:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for my wife

Read the following document carefully to see under which category you can qualify:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ent-ext_1_.pdf

If you have the necessary savings 62,500 GBP (and held them for 6 months) you can apply for the visa now and travel over together; if you have a job in home country earning 18,600GBP per annum AND have job offer in UK also earning equivalent amount, you can apply now and travel over together.

Otherwise you travel to UK (alone), find job and after 6 months apply for the visa.(Cat A) or a shorter timescale under Cat B,