Visa help needed - Confused

Old Aug 4th 2015, 2:14 am
Just Joined

fkhan123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa help needed - Confused

Hi everyone ;-)

Basically, I got married last year April in Dubai - my wife is still currently residing in Dubai...

After we had got married I wasn't earning enough for the financial threshold to sponsor her for visa as spouse and we were advised by consultants in Dubai to put an application as general visitor which we did but was un-successful. (Her sister did this for her).

When we put in that application for general visitor her sister done it for her from UK (in my knowledge and approval) I thought it would be good so she can stay here for 6 months and visit also by that time I will be able to do something - the application was un-successful - The application we did put in at that time was based on a critera she had to declare she was single (we were married but she declared single on general family visa application because her sister done it for her).

Now my question is that:

Now currently I'm earning enough for the financial threshold (£18,600) to be able to sponsor. I have started the process and in December I will be putting in an application for spouse visa - now the thing that really bugs me is that although we were married she declared single on that general visitor visa application - will this be an issue when we apply for spouse visa because we declared single at that stage but we have our marriage certificate from Dubai can they turn around and say that "you declared single at the time, but you were married your marriage certificate shows the dates you were married?

Currently as of now I'm meeting the requirements to be able to sponsor for spouse:

£20,200 - Salary

Tenancy Agreement

Electric/Gas Bills
Bank Statements

Council Tax

Proof of regular visits to Dubai - Stamps on passport - Original Air Tickets Wedding movie/Photos Whatsapp Conversations/Skype Conversations

Any help advice appreciated thanks.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help needed - Confused

I am a bit confused! Why did her sister not put that your wife was married on the application for a visit visa? I think that, even if a third party completes the application form and submits it, the applicant is still responsible for ensuring all the information is correct. If they check the previous application details, your wife could be accused of deception. Unless you can give a good explanation for the discrepancy. Hope someone else can help here!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fkhan123

- The application we did put in at that time was based on a critera she had to declare she was single (we were married but she declared single on general family visa application
She has used deception to try to get a visa to join her husband in the UK. My suggestion would be to use a good immigration solicitor for her spouse visa for all the reasons michali said because UKVI will check her immigration record and see her previous declaration. Lets see what others suggest.

Last edited by formula; Aug 4th 2015 at 4:32 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

On the spouse visa application you are going to have to declare a visa refusal - there is a specific question for this.

Why was the visitor visa refused? You say that on the visitor visa she described herself as single - was this the reason it was refused or some other reason i.e they did not pick up that she was married but refused for some other problem with the application?

If the visitor visa was refused for a reason other than declaring she was single, you could have two issues to worry about:

1. the reason her visitor visa was refused and

2. they will pick up that on the refused visa application she declared herself as single when she was married.

I would suggest an immigration lawyer do your spouse application.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 2:22 am
Just Joined

fkhan123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi thanks for all your replies.

General visitor visa was refused because they wern't satisfied with her sisters income information and the cover letter she got from a lawyer firm here in High Wycombe was so simple and didn't explain any reasons for e.g.. reasons for visit...guaranteed she will return to her country (Dubai) after the visa limit has reached.

So I was thinking to avoid any complications if I should go Pakistan take my wife there and get a new marriage certificate made from there because our Dubai marriage certificate is invalid now and we won't be able to use it because as we declared single when we applied for visitor visa before and then after come back to UK and wait for a few months until I have 6 months of payslips etc so then I can do a spouse visa application?

As mentioned in my previous post my current gross salary £20,200 and after tax is cut off from my wages which then equates to £1400 a month and after paying bills council tax etc I have savings of £800-900 every month - Is there any criteria such as spending limits / savings you should have end of the month out from wages and into my bank account? So basically, lets say in this scenario my 6 months pay slips are ready and I have savings of £800 a month which makes £4800 is that enough just to satisfy the entrance?

Can anyone advise me what is the best route to take or what can be done to make this process a lot easier?

Thanks.