British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Visa Granted!! Question on travel dates (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/visa-granted-question-travel-dates-906359/)

YXY1984 Nov 29th 2017 5:47 am

Visa Granted!! Question on travel dates

So, my second application has been successful! Thank God and to the people who have helped me out on this forum!! Really grateful!! Will post the timelines soon.

But before that, I have a question on travel dates. The date on the vignette states that the visa is valid from 20 Jan 2018 (because in my application forms, I put the planned date of travel as 15 Jan 2018 thinking they will take that long to process....!)

Can I travel to the UK before the 20 Jan 2018? Don't want to be turn back at Heathrow airport......!!

Thanks!

Bella Kemp Nov 29th 2017 6:15 am

Re: Visa Granted!! Question on travel dates

Originally Posted by YXY1984 (Post 12390833)
So, my second application has been successful! Thank God and to the people who have helped me out on this forum!! Really grateful!! Will post the timelines soon.

But before that, I have a question on travel dates. The date on the vignette states that the visa is valid from 20 Jan 2018 (because in my application forms, I put the planned date of travel as 15 Jan 2018 thinking they will take that long to process....!)

Can I travel to the UK before the 20 Jan 2018? Don't want to be turn back at Heathrow airport......!!

Thanks!

Hi congratulation! I don't think you can come before the valid date. But you could come to their gov.uk website to change the date if you want for a fee as I remember. Please post your timeline, I have been waiting for 66 days, got only one not straightforward email on the 57 days and nothing else since then :(

spouse of scouse Nov 29th 2017 6:16 am

Originally Posted by YXY1984 (Post 12390833)

Thanks!

You can't use the visa before 20 January 2018. Glad you were successful this time.

YXY1984 Nov 29th 2017 6:27 am

Can I enter as a tourist?

BritInParis Nov 29th 2017 7:00 am

Originally Posted by YXY1984 (Post 12390839)
Can I enter as a tourist?

If you are a non-visa national then in theory, yes, you can be granted leave to enter as a visitor but I certainly wouldn't be risk being refused entry for the sake of a few weeks. You already have one recent visa refusal. Better to play it safe.