Visa confusion {moved}

Old Nov 13th 2018, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

MuteAlligator is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Visa confusion {moved}

Hi,

Basically, me and my boyfriend have been in a long distance relationship for almost 4 years now and since I'm finishing up university this year, we're trying to get the ball rolling for us moving together (at last!) once I get myself on my feet in the next couple of years. Only, I'm pretty confused by the whole 'must's and 'mustn't's presented when trying to find a visa which would allow us to move together.

Seeing there is no longer an option for simply being in a relationship, we were going to get a civil partnership and have both discussed this and agreed it would be the best option for us. However, despite being able to fit all the other criteria, we're struggling to match the financial one... Is there any leniency on the 18k annual income a year, seeing I'm only just going to be finishing uni, I'm unsure how obtainable that will be... I did see there was an option for 16k in savings, but I'm also unsure if that means between us or just me?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated - being it be other visa options or just clarifying what we actually need for the fiance / spouse visa!
Old Nov 13th 2018, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa confusion {moved}

The only leniency on the income front is that you can make up any shortfall with savings. You need 16K GBP plus 2.5 times the shortfall

e.g income of 17,000GBP ; shortfall 1,600GBP x 2.5 = 4,000GBP plus 16,000GBP = 20,000GBP needed in savings.

Read the following document carefully to see how to qualify:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Is that just my savings or between us?
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You can use yours, his or both
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment you cannot get a civil partnership in the UK as a mixed sex couple. The government has announced its intention to change the law but it hasn’t done so yet. Getting married is currently your only option.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Luckily we're only planning on moving in the next couple of years, so hopefully it will have been changed by then.