Visa Application Next Steps

Old May 11th 2014, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

RiverCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Application Next Steps

Hi again, Sorry to bother everyone. Getting closer now to submitting our application I hope (every time I think that we find another thing that puts us back months).

I was wondering what happens after we submit, we are applying online. How does it work with sending the documentation needed, will we be given an address and instructions after we apply? Also i'm a little concerned about sending documents through the post, its a lot of it is very sensitive information if it got lost.

My fiancée is in Japan and i'm back in the UK right now getting things ready, Im going to go back over nearer the time so we can travel back together. We are going to marry in the UK, If any one has any advice and experience in similar situation we would love to know.

Also what things and documents did you use to prove your relationship?
Old May 11th 2014, 3:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Application Next Steps

Originally Posted by RiverCity
Hi again, Sorry to bother everyone. Getting closer now to submitting our application I hope (every time I think that we find another thing that puts us back months).

I was wondering what happens after we submit, we are applying online. How does it work with sending the documentation needed, will we be given an address and instructions after we apply? Also i'm a little concerned about sending documents through the post, its a lot of it is very sensitive information if it got lost.

My fiancée is in Japan and i'm back in the UK right now getting things ready, Im going to go back over nearer the time so we can travel back together. We are going to marry in the UK, If any one has any advice and experience in similar situation we would love to know.

Also what things and documents did you use to prove your relationship?
Your fiancée will need to go to Tokyo or Osaka to submit the supporting documentation and her biometrics in person.

In addition to the usual supporting documents (financial requirements, etc..) for proof of relationship they will be looking for evidence such as photos, emails, letters, etc.. Don't go overboard - the ECO examining your fiancée's application will not be impressed if you print off three years' worth of Skype conversations or every single photo of you together on Facebook. Just a covering letter from each of you describing your relationship and your future plans together with a couple of pieces of evidence to back up each assertion you have made.

They will also be looking at your genuine intent to marry. So bookings at the church/registrar's office/reception venue, receipts for engagement rings, wedding dresses, suit hire, etc..
Old May 11th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Is going to submit the supporting documents in person done after you submit the application through the website or does it need to be already in time for submitting?

Also on booking an appointment for this, is this something that is all done though the UK gov website as part of the application or do we need to contact the company handling this in Japan directly? Sorry for all my questions, Im sure it becomes clearer once you get to this stage (though maybe not judging on the difficulty so far)

Edit: I have found out how it works now, sounds like it will be straightforward enough (hopefully), the website for booking the appointment was a lot clearer

Last edited by RiverCity; May 11th 2014 at 5:00 pm. Reason: new information...
Old May 11th 2014, 5:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RiverCity
Is going to submit the supporting documents in person done after you submit the application through the website or does it need to be already in time for submitting?
Afterwards. You'll be given an appointment date and time.

Also on booking an appointment for this, is this something that is all done though the UK gov website as part of the application or do we need to contact the company handling this in Japan directly? Sorry for all my questions, Im sure it becomes clearer once you get to this stage (though maybe not judging on the difficulty so far)

Edit: I have found out how it works now, sounds like it will be straightforward enough (hopefully), the website for booking the appointment was a lot clearer
Sounds like you've found it but the UK.GOV website will take you to the right website to make your appointment at the VAC.
Old May 11th 2014, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

is it common to send your original birth certificates and the sponsors passport? I was just reading a blog where they writer said they had. Would a copy of my passport be ok, it would effect our travel plans
Old May 11th 2014, 8:13 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf

A copy of your passport's bio-data page should suffice.