VISA APPLICATION FOR MY WIFE

Old Jun 2nd 2019, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Badmank is an unknown quantity at this point
Question VISA APPLICATION FOR MY WIFE

Hi everyone,

I am due to travel to Bangladesh at the end of the month and get married. Just a little info before I get started, I applied for my fiance to come to the UK so that we can get married back in October 2018 but the visa was refused in March this year due to not providing sponsors appendix 2 financial form and details of the accommodation. (when applying I didn't see that we'll need the appendix 2 form) and the vfs in Bangladesh charged us for application document checks but didn't advise us of a document not being there.
Anyways I am now going to Bangladesh to get married to her and apply whilst I'm there.

Using the gov website I can't see that we'd need an appendix 2 form or am I not looking properly?
Can someone help me out with what documents forms I'll exactly need as I don't want to mess it up this time round.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 9:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA APPLICATION FOR MY WIFE

Exactly which site are you using to apply?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Appendix 2 has always been a very important document in the visa application process. It is the THE place to input all your financial information .

In the past, the following web site:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

which is the main site for applying for spouse visas, has always mentioned Appendix 2 in its overview and general information. However, doing a quick look at it now I don't see any references to Appendix 2.

That does not mean that when you undertake your online application, Appendix 2 is not included. (I don't have access to an online application). I would be very surprised if it is not included in the online application process.

How did you present you financial information if you did not complete an Application 2 form?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Exactly which site are you using to apply?
Hey thanks for your reply, when going through the gov.uk website it transfers me to vis4uk to fill out the application form
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Appendix 2 has always been a very important document in the visa application process. It is the THE place to input all your financial information .

In the past, the following web site:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

which is the main site for applying for spouse visas, has always mentioned Appendix 2 in its overview and general information. However, doing a quick look at it now I don't see any references to Appendix 2.

That does not mean that when you undertake your online application, Appendix 2 is not included. (I don't have access to an online application). I would be very surprised if it is not included in the online application process.

How did you present you financial information if you did not complete an Application 2 form?
Thanks for replying, when we first did the application using the fiance visa route remember seeing references to appendix 2 (but that was on another section on the website). But when we went through the actual application stage using visa4uk it didn't mention anything about this. I went with the info given on gov.uk where I had to provide proof of income, payslips, bank statements, letter from employers etc. On the refusal letter they stated that they received everything however because of not supplying the appendix 2 form they wasn't happy to accept those documents :/
I need to provide 6 months proof of income so 6 payslips 6 months bank statements, but I thought I;d be a nice guy and send in 8 but only sent 6 months worth of bank statements so that was another reason for the refusal.
I've been wanting to appeal against the decision however thought it's best not to as it'll only cost more time after some of the stories I've heard, so now want to go through with a small wedding and apply again hopefully with all correct documents
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you apply via the link I sent you it sends you to the following site:

https://visas-immigration.service.go...ype/appendixfm

Obviously I cannot complete this application .....

No point in you appealing, if you did not send in Appendix 2 ........

Perhaps someone who has actually completed the application form can comment ...?
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link! Much appreciated. I have all documents pretty much ready for when I go. Just want to make sure everything is 100% before I submit everything,..

Thanks again.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hey peeps, just in the middle of sorting some paperwork stuff out for my fiances application before I go over.
When we first applied for her fiance visa I had a immigration inspection done in our property and that was done back in October 2018. Now when re-applying can we use the same letter or does it need to be dated with the last 30 days? As I have just spoken to our local council here and there's a charge of £65 just to re-issue the same letter with a new date on.
Also I live with my family, the property is rented from the local housing association in my mothers name, she has given permission for my fiance to come live with us. But the landlord won't give out any letters or anything to say that she has permission to stay at the property although they said there's no issue with this but they can't get involved with immigration matters.
Would I be OK just sending a personal statement from my mum confirming that she's happy for my future wife to come live with us?
Old Jun 6th 2019, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Badmank
Hey peeps, just in the middle of sorting some paperwork stuff out for my fiances application before I go over.
When we first applied for her fiance visa I had a immigration inspection done in our property and that was done back in October 2018. Now when re-applying can we use the same letter or does it need to be dated with the last 30 days? As I have just spoken to our local council here and there's a charge of £65 just to re-issue the same letter with a new date on.
Also I live with my family, the property is rented from the local housing association in my mothers name, she has given permission for my fiance to come live with us. But the landlord won't give out any letters or anything to say that she has permission to stay at the property although they said there's no issue with this but they can't get involved with immigration matters.
Would I be OK just sending a personal statement from my mum confirming that she's happy for my future wife to come live with us?
Inspection letter can be re-used.

Letter required from landlord/association, as well as one from your mother. The letter just has to state that your wife, subject to the issue of the relevant visa, would be allowed to stay at the property.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Just having a quick look through all my documents before I go and have seen a section on gov.uk advising that we may also need a sponsor undertaking form SU07 to help with the application.
Is this something we will need?

I have also rang the local housing association again and they are adament that we don't need a letter to confirm that my future wife would be able to live with us at the address, they weren't exactly able to tell me why or how but only keep saying that they're not allowed to get involved with immigration matters and to get in touch with a solicitor if I'm desparate for a letter from them. I am not wanting to get any solicitors involved due to the costs involved to be honest.
Does anyone have a better idea as to what I can do now?
Would I be able to just apply with a letter from my mum stating all details?

Thanks.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You don’t need Form SU07. Take SanDiegogirl’s advice regarding accommodation letters.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your reply, when I rang the housing association again today I asked to speak with the housing officer who is in charge of our property but was unable to do so. I asked for a basic letter just stating that my mrs would be allowed to stay in the property subject to her getting a visa to stay in the UK. They were quite rude to be honest when I asked for a specific reason as to why they weren't allowed to give this letter. All I got was it's against the law and our bosses have told us not to get involved with immigration matters.

Do you think a solicitor would be able to help in this matter as they're not really helping me when I get in touch?
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:17 pm

Thanks for your reply, when I rang the housing association again today I asked to speak with the housing officer who is in charge of our property but was unable to do so. I asked for a basic letter just stating that my mrs would be allowed to stay in the property subject to her getting a visa to stay in the UK. They were quite rude to be honest when I asked for a specific reason as to why they weren't allowed to give this letter. All I got was it's against the law and our bosses have told us not to get involved with immigration matters.

Do you think a solicitor would be able to help in this matter as they're not really helping me when I get in touch?
One from your mother will suffice.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Perfect thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to confirm then I'm going to apply online and submit the following documents;
printed online application form
APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A August 2018)
6 months bank statements
6 month pay slips
letter from employer
letter from my mother
accommodation immigration inspection report (same letter re-used from 2018)
proof of relationship prior to our wedding
marriage certificate (original and translated)
gift money receipts i have sent her over the past 2 years
wedding pics

Sorry for all the questions, I'm more nervous for the application than I am getting married.
Old Jun 18th 2019, 8:36 pm

Perfect thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to confirm then I'm going to apply online and submit the following documents;
printed online application form
APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A August 2018)
6 months bank statements
6 month pay slips
letter from employer
letter from my mother
accommodation immigration inspection report (same letter re-used from 2018)
proof of relationship prior to our wedding
marriage certificate (original and translated)
gift money receipts i have sent her over the past 2 years
wedding pics

Sorry for all the questions, I'm more nervous for the application than I am getting married.
Looks good. Don’t forget a copy of your passport and whatever your wife is using to meet the English language requirement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.