Visa Application legal advice for Wife

Old May 11th 2018, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

AndyRouen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Application legal advice for Wife

Looking for some help, I am a UK citzen working and living in France, I am married to a non UEE citizen and want to go back to UK with my wife. I intend to apply via surinder singh route, but my concern is that my wife over stayed in Germany before we were married in France. Looking at the UK immigration forms they want to see previous passports and visa's and they will see she over stayed and therefore could refuse. Right now she has a five year Carte Sejour and is fully legal in France. Does anyone have any advise or can recommend a legal visa advisor to give guidance on best course of action. I looked on the internet and loads of companies offering advise and did not want to take "lucky dip". Ideally looking for a reliable company in Paris region.

Appreciate any help here, as I only really need to get this right....
Old May 12th 2018, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Application legal advice for Wife

Welcome to the forum.
This sounds like a query that 'BritInParis' can help with. He should be along shortly.
Old May 12th 2018, 7:56 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Welcome to the forum.
This sounds like a query that 'BritInParis' can help with. He should be along shortly.
BiP is more likely to see this post if it's reposted (or moved) to the MBTTUK forum. The OP can ask a moderator to move it there.
Old May 12th 2018, 10:12 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The standard application form will ask questions about your wife's immigration and criminal history. It is extremely unwise not to be fully honest.

Which passport(s) does your wife hold? What were the circumstances in which she overstayed? Was she refused a visa or required to leave Germany?
Old May 13th 2018, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Hi
Forgot to mention on my last message that we did not have any fine or issue with the French authourities who issued the "Carte Sejour" for my wife due to the expired German visa even though I declared that we had been in France since Jan 2016 when we submitted the marriage and French visa request.

I am really looking for a company ideally based in France but will consider UK company to help me through the Uk visa application and guide me on what we should submit on Surinder Singh visa application.

I also understand that I need to get a TB test for me wife.

Regards

Andy
Old May 13th 2018, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi

My wife is a Thai National, she did not have her visa in Germany declined, simply she was married a German national and subsequently separated from her husband and went through divorce proceedings, during which she left Germany to live with me in France. Therefore she did not apply for a visa Germany as she had left Germany to live with me in France. However I could not apply for a French visa as I was also going through a divorce at the same time. We go married in August 2017 in France and subsequently applied for a Carte Sejour which was issued in April this year for 5 years.

I have been working in France since 2008 but I still need to visit the UK as I have two sons aged 25 and 28, my ex wife passed away last year and I would like to visit the UK with my wife to support my two sons who now live together but have very little family in the UK.

Regards

Andy
Old May 14th 2018, 11:12 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyRouen
Hi

My wife is a Thai National, she did not have her visa in Germany declined, simply she was married a German national and subsequently separated from her husband and went through divorce proceedings, during which she left Germany to live with me in France. Therefore she did not apply for a visa Germany as she had left Germany to live with me in France. However I could not apply for a French visa as I was also going through a divorce at the same time. We go married in August 2017 in France and subsequently applied for a Carte Sejour which was issued in April this year for 5 years.

I have been working in France since 2008 but I still need to visit the UK as I have two sons aged 25 and 28, my ex wife passed away last year and I would like to visit the UK with my wife to support my two sons who now live together but have very little family in the UK.

Regards

Andy
Presumably she had a German residence permit through her previous husband. Was this still valid when she left to travel to France?
Old May 16th 2018, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

She did not have the German residence card, she separated from him before this completed. So she just had a one year visa which then expired.
Old May 22nd 2018, 10:55 pm

Did this visa expire before or after she left Germany? If after then how long did she overstay in Germany?