Visa application app issues

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 12:43 am
Just Joined

thekepples is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa application app issues

Hi all,

I'm beyond frustrated at this point and don't know what to do next.

So I completed our Visa app the other day, paid my IHS, got a receipt, got a GWF number but was unable to edit any of my answers on the application (realized divorce date was incorrect for previous marriage)..
Figured it might be a glitch in the system, decided to go back to it tonight. Still couldn't, so we thought we'd just start another app with the right info in it, enter the IHS number and away we go.
Turns out you don't have the option to enter an IHS number, please pay another $1536!
Saved the new visa application, but no GWF number was allocated yet. It's still showing incomplete.
Figured we'd bite the bullet and pay the $5.48 to email them the issue, to see what they suggested. Have tried that twice now and as soon as you enter your credit card info and hit pay now, it comes up with an error and sends you back to their home page!

Argh!! Biometrics is showing on the original app as Monday, but we're hesitant to submit that one with incorrect info on it.

Ideas? Any advice greatly appreciated, my brain hurts!

Old Oct 2nd 2019, 7:37 am
Just Joined

geoeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa application app issues

I understand it's frustrating, especially the error with the email system. That will be worth checking again as it could just have been a temporary thing. You can also contact them by phone, for a fee but since it should be a quick thing I can't imagine it would cost much more than the email.

You can't edit an application after submitting it and no GWF number will be provided until you submit a full application, so that route probably isn't worth pursuing. Another option people often go with if they later realise a small mistake in the application is writing a cover letter detailing the mistake and including it with your other evidence documents. Realistically, since you have to provide documentation for everything anyway, the discrepancy in dates should be picked up (hopefully the correct one is obvious from the evidence provided) and it's helpful if you can make it clear is was just a small typo when completing the application form, which happens fairly often.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much! The website is so finicky, I'm sure I'm not the first to run into this. I've slept on it now and am calmer! I'll revisit today and try to figure it out.

Thank you again 😊
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Interestingly, I went back to the original application today and am still unable to change my answers, having not paid for my visa yes, just paying the IHS.

This is the message that comes up on the visa payment page. Maybe something has changed, GWF has been issued and I'm unable to change answers before paying.

Before you continue

You should only move to the next page if you have checked your answers and you are ready to submit your application. Once you select ‘Continue to Worldpay’ you will not be able to return and edit your application.

Continue to Worldpay to make a secure payment. You will be able to download a copy of your application form after payment has been taken.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Another update, I ended up calling them. They advised me once you pay the IHS you're past the point of no return. Best thing to do is abandon the original application (incomplete applications are automatically cancelled after a week or so), pay the IHS again and continue the application with the correct answers. Then wait for the refund of the IHS from the abandoned application (within 6 weeks). The are also not aware of any issues with their website!

Thought this may help anyone who's made the same mistake as I did.