Visa agents

Old Feb 16th 2015, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Pollybetts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa agents

Hi. I'm a british expat planning on moving back to the uk with my Australian husband. We need help with the visa process and are thinking of going with 1st Contact Visa. I'd just like to know if anybody has heard of them and what they think OR if there is another agent we should go with. Cheers.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 2:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa agents

:
Originally Posted by Pollybetts
Hi. I'm a british expat planning on moving back to the uk with my Australian husband. We need help with the visa process and are thinking of going with 1st Contact Visa. I'd just like to know if anybody has heard of them and what they think OR if there is another agent we should go with. Cheers.
As The Welcome Inn is purely for new members to introduce themselves...I have moved your thread over to the UK Immigration Forum. Good luck.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 16th 2015 at 2:38 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 2:26 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Can you just clear up a couple of things, you say you are looking to move BACK to the UK, which means you should really be posting in the moving back to the UK forum, unless your OP should have read OZ instead of UK. Clearing this up will allow your thread to be in the right forum, and for people to give appropriate advice as the two will be totally different.

Last edited by mikelincs; Feb 16th 2015 at 2:42 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 2:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Can you just clear up a couple of things, you say you are looking to move BACK to the UK, which means you should really be posting in the moving back to the UK forum, unless your OP should have read OZ instead of UK. Clearing this up will alloq your thread to be in the right forum, and for people to give appropriate advice as the two will be totally different.
I've moved the thread to the UK Imm forum now as the OP is wanting to move back home.
Old Feb 16th 2015, 2:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I've moved the thread to the UK Imm forum now as the OP is wanting to move back home.
That's what I thought, in which case MARA registered agents will not be of aany use.

OP. please read the stickies at the top of this forum, you will find all the info you really need there, and please pay particular attention to the financial requirements as you, as the UK citizen, will need to fulfil those
Old Feb 16th 2015, 3:01 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

from your other post

http://britishexpats.com/forum/welco...usband-852448/

moving back with your OZ spouse, its either

- the 62,500 option 'Family of a settled person' visa

Spouse Immigration-UK : British Expat Wiki

- the Surinder Singh route

Surinder Singh : British Expat Wiki

Now, its throw the options at you approach - not knowing your personal circumstances, please forgive me if the following is too bold or is a difficult choice for you to consider, also maybe some repeat questions from your other thread

Here goes....

- Has your husband any ancestry ties to the UK, either a parent or grandparent or even to another EU country, if so, its an easy route in for him

- Since he is Australian, he could accompany you to the UK as a visitor for 6 mths while you seek out treatment... is this an option?

- If its super urgent that you move back for your medical treatment (maybe not an option) could you do this alone (relative or friend in the UK or maybe with one of the kids) while your OZ spouse gets the financial requirements together?

- Could he borrow the missing part of the financial requirement from a friend or relative to make sure its in the Bank account for 6 mths before applying for the visa, then once the visa is issued he could then, sometime in the future return the money to where it came from?

- Another option, if you or your spouse have any money tied up in anything - pensions, investments etc that could be unlocked to make up the requirements?

Good luck & all the best to you

Last edited by not2old; Feb 16th 2015 at 3:13 pm.