VFS/ups question

Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Tiffalxdr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VFS/ups question

Hello everyone!

So question. My husband and I found out that myself and my three children were granted our spouse and dependent visas on Monday 1/21/19. Our lawyer has been an absolute disaster(I had to explain to him that we did indeed have to pay the children’s healthcare charges). We got our decision made emails on that Monday as well. But our shipping label is not active yet. And the label is for the NYC UKVI Processing hub to my house in TX. Since the process changed on 9/15/18. Do visas go back to NYC and then out? I feel like everything I’ve read says I ought to have our passports in hand now and am beyond stressed out. Thank you for any guidance you could give.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 10:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VFS/ups question

Hi and welcome to BE!

Just to make sure I understand, your husband is a US citizen. You and the kids are getting immigrant visas to the USA. You and the kids are currently in the UK. You are waiting on the delivery of your immigrant visas from the embassy to your home in the UK. Is this all correct?

If so, then no, nothing goes to the USA for processing. The visas get delivered to your UK address via courier service. Monday the 21st was a US holiday, so maybe that slowed things down a bit.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 28th 2019 at 10:17 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 10:22 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed your title says VFS/UPS. I don't know what VFS is, but I thought all visas get delivered by DX Courier (or you can choose to pick up at one of their locations).

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2019, 10:44 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just noticed your title says VFS/UPS. I don't know what VFS is, but I thought all visas get delivered by DX Courier (or you can choose to pick up at one of their locations).

Rene
They live in Texas according to the post. Seems this may have been an AOS case. Nut sure what courier gets used in the US.

OP - A visa is an entry document, you can't get a visa inside the US, if you are already in the US then you were Adjusting Status to that of Permanent Resident, correct?

Last edited by civilservant; Jan 29th 2019 at 10:46 am.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 12:13 pm

The OP also mentions she's waiting for their passports. When doing AOS, USCIS does not keep the passport. A green card would be produced; nothing goes in a passport.

I'm not quite sure what the OP's scenario is.

Rene
Old Jan 29th 2019, 12:16 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. OP, if you want good information you have to give good information.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 12:20 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

looking at the info, they mention health surcharge, this is a person in the US moving to the UK
Old Jan 29th 2019, 1:24 pm

I wondered why the health issue was brought up. Mystery solved. Thank you.

thread moved from US forum to UK forum.

Rene

Last edited by Noorah101; Jan 29th 2019 at 1:32 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiffalxdr
Hello everyone!

So question. My husband and I found out that myself and my three children were granted our spouse and dependent visas on Monday 1/21/19. Our lawyer has been an absolute disaster(I had to explain to him that we did indeed have to pay the children’s healthcare charges). We got our decision made emails on that Monday as well. But our shipping label is not active yet. And the label is for the NYC UKVI Processing hub to my house in TX. Since the process changed on 9/15/18. Do visas go back to NYC and then out? I feel like everything I’ve read says I ought to have our passports in hand now and am beyond stressed out. Thank you for any guidance you could give.
My understanding is the passports stay at the New York Scanning Hub and the vignettes are placed in the passports there.
Also 1/21/19 was a holiday for VFS , MLK.
if you purchased the return through VFS they use UPS and it’s usually next day air.
Have you tried contacting VFS via email they have a complaints email, you can also try to contact UKVI.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tiffalxdr
Hello everyone!

Sorry I should have said congrats on the decision email.