British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   VFS UPLOAD LIMIT SIZE (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/vfs-upload-limit-size-934011/)

mavaas11 Jul 27th 2020 10:18 pm

VFS UPLOAD LIMIT SIZE

Hi,

Does anyone know the upload limit per pdf document, online on the VFS system.

Kindest regards

Redsoxfan Sep 9th 2020 1:15 pm

Re: VFS UPLOAD LIMIT SIZE

Originally Posted by mavaas11 (Post 12888303)
Hi,

Kindest regards

Hi. Can you start uploading documents on vfs site without securing a biometric appointment first? As it’s not letting me :(

mavaas11 Sep 9th 2020 4:39 pm

yes, you can in my case, i was able to upload before i made my biometric booking. Then i couldnt get an appointment, but i kept checking and i got an appointment 10 days later. what kind of message appears, you should be able to upload once youve completed the application on gov.uk which directs you to register on vfs. belive me this process is stressful.

other option is to scan at a scanning hub locally to you in the US, or where biometrics, take place. contact vfs.

all the best

BritInParis Sep 9th 2020 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mavaas11 (Post 12888303)
Hi,

Kindest regards

6MB

Redsoxfan Sep 9th 2020 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by mavaas11 (Post 12907848)
yes, you can in my case, i was able to upload before i made my biometric booking. Then i couldnt get an appointment, but i kept checking and i got an appointment 10 days later. what kind of message appears, you should be able to upload once youve completed the application on gov.uk which directs you to register on vfs. belive me this process is stressful.

other option is to scan at a scanning hub locally to you in the US, or where biometrics, take place. contact vfs.

all the best

It’s not letting me :(
May I know what browser did you do it? I tried chrome and even on iPhone safari and it’s just saying the usual “due to COVID19 there’s no appointment...”
i just think vfs site is so hard to navigate.

mavaas11 Sep 9th 2020 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan (Post 12907984)
It’s not letting me :(
May I know what browser did you do it? I tried chrome and even on iPhone safari and it’s just saying the usual “due to COVID19 there’s no appointment...”
i just think vfs site is so hard to navigate.

I used Chrome make sure you dont have ad blockers and allow cookies but I don't think that's the issue.

I completed my online application on 29/7/20 on gov.uk then I clicked book biometrics and was taken to VFS site for registration, I then filled out details and vfs migrated my applications details. I was able to upload my documents on the same day 29/7.

Then when I tried booking my appointment for Pakistan i was worried as I got the same message of covid19 very stressful . So I believe the visa application centres were closed.

Then on 7/8/20 about 8 a week later I was checking everyday and I managed to get a appointment 12 Noon UK time.
So when the vacs open just keep checking you will get the appointment when they release them.

It's ridiculous they charge so much money and then leave you in the dark. I think you're applying from the US which is badly affected by the pandemic so hold out. Another user tried and got an appointment a month back in Philly.

Keep checking and you have 240 days from sending online app to biometrics , no pressure. I'm sure you'll get it, I've been through it and it's hell , I got my biometrics for 02/09/20 2 September these dates are english so date then month.

Dw

Nervously waiting the outcome for my wife.
All the best and let us know how it goes:)

Redsoxfan Sep 10th 2020 2:39 am

Originally Posted by mavaas11 (Post 12907991)
I used Chrome make sure you dont have ad blockers and allow cookies but I don't think that's the issue.

I completed my online application on 29/7/20 on gov.uk then I clicked book biometrics and was taken to VFS site for registration, I then filled out details and vfs migrated my applications details. I was able to upload my documents on the same day 29/7.

Then when I tried booking my appointment for Pakistan i was worried as I got the same message of covid19 very stressful . So I believe the visa application centres were closed.

Then on 7/8/20 about 8 a week later I was checking everyday and I managed to get a appointment 12 Noon UK time.
So when the vacs open just keep checking you will get the appointment when they release them.

It's ridiculous they charge so much money and then leave you in the dark. I think you're applying from the US which is badly affected by the pandemic so hold out. Another user tried and got an appointment a month back in Philly.

Keep checking and you have 240 days from sending online app to biometrics , no pressure. I'm sure you'll get it, I've been through it and it's hell , I got my biometrics for 02/09/20 2 September these dates are english so date then month.

Dw

Nervously waiting the outcome for my wife.
All the best and let us know how it goes:)

Wow! Yours is actually pretty quick! Congrats! Is that a priority application? Yeah I’ll keep trying. Thanks for the encouragement. It’s been horrible just going through the whole application.

mavaas11 Sep 10th 2020 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Redsoxfan (Post 12908078)
Wow! Yours is actually pretty quick! Congrats! Is that a priority application? Yeah I’ll keep trying. Thanks for the encouragement. It’s been horrible just going through the whole application.

No mines is non-priority !