VFS Global Wouldn't Accept Originals??

Old Jul 26th 2017, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

shynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VFS Global Wouldn't Accept Originals??

Originally Posted by emu77
Just got news today from our MP that the visa was approved! We contacted the MP office just to ask them to follow up about when we could expect the passport and they let me know that it's been dispatched and that it was approved! Hoping it comes by next week so I can leave the following week

If you haven't already, definitely get in contact with your local MP, they are usually very willing to help and if you live outside of London you can generally get a quick reply!

Please keep me up to date on any news of yours, the UK could use all the Canadians it can get
Passport/Visa in your hands yet emu77?! We haven't heard anything further on ours, but our local MP has been on the case as of last Friday... so fingers crossed we hear something positive soon. Hope you have yours and are on your way home to the UK!
Old Jul 26th 2017, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

emu77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shynes
Passport/Visa in your hands yet emu77?! We haven't heard anything further on ours, but our local MP has been on the case as of last Friday... so fingers crossed we hear something positive soon. Hope you have yours and are on your way home to the UK!
Yes! Got the passport back last Friday, which was great. I wanted to leave this Friday but I promised to do some work for a friend until next week so agreed to leave next Friday, August 4. Flight has been booked and I'm slowly starting to consider packing

I so so hope you hear soon! It just feels unfair that you applied before me and still don't have yours! Goodness knows how that works?! Hopefully your MP can help you out and put some pressure on them to get things moving. Let me know if they get back to you and what they hear from the home office!
Old Oct 26th 2017, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Sapphire88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I submitted my online application for a marriage/fiance settlement visa on 10th September 2017 and paid for Priority through the VFS website. I had my biometrics appointment on 13 September where I was also told that priority settlement visas would be processed in 6-8 weeks. I received an email from Sheffield stating that my online application was received on 14 September.

After reading all the issues regarding the Toronto office I am a bit panicked especially given their procedure is different from other VFS offices in that they do not accept originals. I also left the office in a state of disarray. I was wondering if anyone who applied from Toronto got an email from VFS or Sheffield to confirm that they have received documents?

I am also worried that my priority payment may not have been picked up by Sheffield as I selected standard on the online application and paid for priority through the VFS website and since Toronto scans the documents I am not sure if that will be picked up.

I may be panicking more than I should be but I am feeling concerned that Sheffield might not have received my supporting documents from VFS. I would pay to send an email to UKVI but after doing research on the forums I found that the contact center does not have access to this information?

Sorry for being so long-winded I am extremely worried at the moment especially given all the delays and my wedding ceremony is booked for January , which means I would have to be in UK by December to give notice which is why I paid for priority but am now realizing it won't make a difference.
Old Oct 27th 2017, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Got the passport back last Friday, which was great. I wanted to leave this Friday but I promised to do some work for a friend until next week so agreed to leave next Friday, August 4. Flight has been booked and I'm slowly starting to consider packing
Congratulations!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sapphire88
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my online application for a marriage/fiance settlement visa on 10th September 2017 and paid for Priority through the VFS website. I had my biometrics appointment on 13 September where I was also told that priority settlement visas would be processed in 6-8 weeks. I received an email from Sheffield stating that my online application was received on 14 September.

After reading all the issues regarding the Toronto office I am a bit panicked especially given their procedure is different from other VFS offices in that they do not accept originals. I also left the office in a state of disarray. I was wondering if anyone who applied from Toronto got an email from VFS or Sheffield to confirm that they have received documents?

I am also worried that my priority payment may not have been picked up by Sheffield as I selected standard on the online application and paid for priority through the VFS website and since Toronto scans the documents I am not sure if that will be picked up.

I may be panicking more than I should be but I am feeling concerned that Sheffield might not have received my supporting documents from VFS. I would pay to send an email to UKVI but after doing research on the forums I found that the contact center does not have access to this information?

Sorry for being so long-winded I am extremely worried at the moment especially given all the delays and my wedding ceremony is booked for January , which means I would have to be in UK by December to give notice which is why I paid for priority but am now realizing it won't make a difference.
It's a horrible process but I'm sure everything is fine! I received an email from Sheffield about a day or 2 after I submitted my application saying they got my "online application", it's just a generic email they send to everyone. They would most likely contact you if they didn't receive your supporting documents. I also paid priority but it still took the full 60 days. If you're very very concerned you can contact your local MP (or your partner's local MP) and ask them to check with the home office that everything is fine with your application. The email system set up on the government website that you pay for is completely useless, the only way to get actual answers is to get your MP involved, and then it depends on how helpful they want to be. I was really lucky and ours was great, but I know others have reached out to theirs and waited weeks for any response.

It's terrible waiting, but I'm sure your application is fine, it just takes time! Good luck!
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Congratulations!
Thanks!
Old Nov 1st 2017, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

It's a horrible process but I'm sure everything is fine! I received an email from Sheffield about a day or 2 after I submitted my application saying they got my "online application", it's just a generic email they send to everyone. They would most likely contact you if they didn't receive your supporting documents. I also paid priority but it still took the full 60 days. If you're very very concerned you can contact your local MP (or your partner's local MP) and ask them to check with the home office that everything is fine with your application. The email system set up on the government website that you pay for is completely useless, the only way to get actual answers is to get your MP involved, and then it depends on how helpful they want to be. I was really lucky and ours was great, but I know others have reached out to theirs and waited weeks for any response.

It's terrible waiting, but I'm sure your application is fine, it just takes time! Good luck!
Hi Emu,

Thank you for responding to my post

I received the generic email stating that they got my online application the day after my biometrics appointment. I was worried about if the VFS office actually scanned my documents as I just walked out when the agent taking my biometrics said I was done without asking about what happens with my documents. Thank you for confirming that the first email is the only confirmation they send.

My partner has told me that his MP has informed him that Sheffield is ignoring him so not very helpful there either. I have also noticed a lot of people posting that the pay to email/phone service is useless so I will definitely not be using that.

I hope to hear something soon as I am starting to worry that we booked our ceremony too soon in the hopes that I would be back in England in December
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sapphire88
Hi Emu,

Thank you for responding to my post

I received the generic email stating that they got my online application the day after my biometrics appointment. I was worried about if the VFS office actually scanned my documents as I just walked out when the agent taking my biometrics said I was done without asking about what happens with my documents. Thank you for confirming that the first email is the only confirmation they send.

My partner has told me that his MP has informed him that Sheffield is ignoring him so not very helpful there either. I have also noticed a lot of people posting that the pay to email/phone service is useless so I will definitely not be using that.

I hope to hear something soon as I am starting to worry that we booked our ceremony too soon in the hopes that I would be back in England in December
Well if you applied September 13 then your 60 day mark is December 6, so hopefully you'll have a decision by then, and it usually only takes about a week for them to return your passport, so you could still be in the UK before Christmas! I'll keep my fingers crossed you hear something soon!
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Well if you applied September 13 then your 60 day mark is December 6, so hopefully you'll have a decision by then, and it usually only takes about a week for them to return your passport, so you could still be in the UK before Christmas! I'll keep my fingers crossed you hear something soon!
I really hope I get a decision by December 6, would work out well for the wedding ceremony and giving notice date. I would love to be back in England for Christmas
Old Nov 4th 2017, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Keep everything crossed for me too! My 60 days Pakistan application will be at the end of this month. Had no generic emails or calls from them so far.
Old Nov 7th 2017, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

ddotdouglas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I had a similar situation in the Sydney, Australia VS global. They took my copies instead of originals and scanned them through, at the time I was querying that this was ok and the women I was dealing with blew it off like it was nothing. I walked out terrified that something had gone wrong.

It is good to hear that people have gone through the same thing and it's worked out ok for them. Shynes, did you end up getting your visa accepted?
Old Nov 7th 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

shynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond reputeshynes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ddotdouglas
Hello everyone, I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I had a similar situation in the Sydney, Australia VS global. They took my copies instead of originals and scanned them through, at the time I was querying that this was ok and the women I was dealing with blew it off like it was nothing. I walked out terrified that something had gone wrong.

It is good to hear that people have gone through the same thing and it's worked out ok for them. Shynes, did you end up getting your visa accepted?
Unfortunately I'm still waiting from April. It's funny, I've only heard of this procedure happening in Canada and Australia, I wonder why!

Certainly doesn't help the nerves, but I know several others who dealt with the same and have since gotten their visa, so hopefully me next! Good luck with your application
Old Nov 28th 2017, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Hi Emu

Got my visa today Just wanted to thank you for your reassurances during this stressful wait. Finally get to go back home in a couple weeks