VFS GLOBAL return service change of address

Old Jul 29th 2021, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

blitzin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VFS GLOBAL return service change of address

When I initially submitted my spouse visa application to UKVI via VFS GLOBAL, I took advantage of the return service mailing label option which generates 2 UPS mailing labels, one to send the application packet into the UKVI Visa Processing Center, and one for return service to my then current address. Both are overnight shipping labels.

What I didn't think through or didn't anticipate well enough was selling my house during the application wait period - while the application has been submitted and is being reviewed prior to receiving the passsport back with the vignette.

I have a new mailing address I have repeatedly been asking VFS Global Customer Care how to update via email. I have offered to purchase and send a new mailing label, asked them how to update the existing one, what options are available, and so far I keep getting canned responses that are very pleasant but twice now I've seen the one that says:

(This is a screen shot of the response!)

Has anyone else gone through an address change mid-stream as it were?
Old Jul 29th 2021, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: VFS GLOBAL return service change of address

Ok, so it looks like on UPS's web site there's a way to enter the tracking number that was generated on the return label and have it delivered to a different address or collection point.
For obvious reasons I'm leery of going ahead and updating the delivery address at the moment, but that may be the only alternative.
Have any of you had any experience with changing a UPS delivery address like this?

Also, I just came across an email address to manually send (documents, mailing labels) to UKVI after the fact if they were excluded from the physical application:
The email is on their help page and says to send the mailing label electronically to [email protected] including the GWF number and contact name
(reference the info at https://myappointment.vfsglobal.co.u...struction.html)

Has anyone done this? The problem with this is that there's already one physical mailing label I originally included, I don't know if uploading a new one would create more of a problem or not.

Thx.

Last edited by blitzin; Jul 29th 2021 at 2:57 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2021, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

After a few days and apparently 118 views of this question with no responses, I bit the bullet and followed the following link which i'll leave here for posterity...

If you went through the pre-paid UPS return label route and included it in your package like I did, but need to change the delivery address, go here:
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...-delivery.page

(The tracking number on your label - which I'm sure you kept a soft PDF copy of or which should be in your biometrics appointment receipt mailing - is the key)
I'll update this after we see how it goes! Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 12th 2021, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by blitzin
...If you went through the pre-paid UPS return label route and included it in your package like I did, but need to change the delivery address, go here:
https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cente...-delivery.page

(The tracking number on your label - which I'm sure you kept a soft PDF copy of or which should be in your biometrics appointment receipt mailing - is the key)
I'll update this after we see how it goes! Fingers crossed!
UPDATE: THIS TOTALLY WORKED!
UPS sent the return package to the address I updated through the link above! It cost about $60 to change the delivery but it was totally worth it!