VFS Global Premium Packages - Are They Faster?

Old Nov 1st 2020, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Sir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond repute
Default VFS Global Premium Packages - Are They Faster?

I (UK citizen) was just about to start the Family Visa application with my wife (US citizen) and just came across the involvement of vfsglobal.co.uk. Specifically, https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/premium-services/gold-premium-package

We're trying to figure out what handing over $1900 for a Gold Premium package would actually get us in terms of speed of outcome. Am I reading this right that we can skip the whole 3 - 12 week (ish) wait and get a next-day decision? So, for argument sake, we have an in-person interview in Chicago on Monday (when all necessary documentation is finalized and biometrics are taken), get a decision Tuesday/Wednesday, get my wife's passport couriered back in a day or three, and be in the UK the following week (assuming flights are booked)?

I understand Covid may interfere slightly here, but my point is we have no interest in someone hand holding us on scanning/uploading documents and paying fees online, we can do all that ourselves. But if this is some guarantee of skipping the line and being done in just a few days, then we'd consider giving it a whirl.

Anyone with experience of the above?

Old Nov 2nd 2020, 1:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VFS Global Premium Packages - Are They Faster?

There’s no Gold Premium package for settlement applications - next day decisions simply aren’t available for this type of application. If you want a quicker decision then just opt for the Priority Visa service.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/pr...for-settlement
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

Sir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
There’s no Gold Premium package for settlement applications - next day decisions simply aren’t available for this type of application. If you want a quicker decision then just opt for the Priority Visa service.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/pr...for-settlement
Thanks. Do you, or anyone else on here, have experience of using this service? Did you feel it accelerated your application, and hence was worth the clams?
Old Nov 21st 2020, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Redsoxfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sir Spangle
Thanks. Do you, or anyone else on here, have experience of using this service? Did you feel it accelerated your application, and hence was worth the clams?
NOPE. NEVER again VFS. I did DIY when I applied for a visa first time and all went smoothly and I got a faster decision and now that I used their docs scanning service and ups and paid priority for VFS, I’m already past the timescale. I’m still waiting... I emailed customer service twice and no reply. It’s a hit or miss. You can’t get a guarantee on their service.