British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   VFS Global courier Melbourne (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/vfs-global-courier-melbourne-918550/)

Slfwarman Oct 22nd 2018 3:57 am

VFS Global courier Melbourne

Hello,

has anyone from Melbourne used the courier service from VFS to get their passport back? What courier did they use and how long did it take to receive it?

We were told on Thursday 18th Oct that a decision has been made after my partner emailed UKVI and they told us that they would request for the passport to be expedited to us as soon as possible but haven’t heard anything from VFS about the passport being delivered yet!

Thanks,

sarah

em28 Oct 22nd 2018 10:37 am

Re: VFS Global courier Melbourne

Hi,

For settlement visas they use Express Post (AusPost). I received mine in Perth through the same. I did receive an email from Australia Post as soon as they received the shipping details from Vfs which allowed me to track delivery. Should get to you the next day in Melbourne.

The date on my decision letter was 24/09 (mon). Vfs posted my passport on 27/09 (Thu). That may help with timeframes.

Here's a link to another post (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citi.../)

Slfwarman Oct 22nd 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,

great! Thank you for that, I had a feeling it would be with Aus post but wanted to be sure who I would be looking out for!
We were told that a decision had been made on the 18/10 so we are just waiting for VFS to contact us which hopefully will be today!

Thanks again! 😁

em28 Oct 23rd 2018 12:14 am

Glad I could help!
I only got the sms from vfs about the processed application (luckily had paid the $3 for it). The email from vfs came along about 2 weeks after I received my passport :blink:

Slfwarman Oct 23rd 2018 4:16 am

Oh how odd! My partner paid for the sms & courier service but still haven’t heard anything from them which is frustrating & we can’t even contact VFS to see if they have it 😫 UKVI said to us that they would request his passport to be expedited back to us because of personal reasons but it seems pretty slow.🙄

em28 Oct 23rd 2018 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Slfwarman (Post 12581658)
Oh how odd! My partner paid for the sms & courier service but still haven’t heard anything from them which is frustrating & we can’t even contact VFS to see if they have it 😫 UKVI said to us that they would request his passport to be expedited back to us because of personal reasons but it seems pretty slow.🙄

I know! I was SO surprised to randomly receive an email from VFS after 2 weeks. I received the text on the 4th day after the decision was made around 12:30PM (Perth time).

Slfwarman Oct 23rd 2018 4:28 am

Originally Posted by em28 (Post 12581659)
I know! I was SO surprised to randomly receive an email from VFS after 2 weeks. I received the text on the 4th day after the decision was made around 12:30PM (Perth time).

Without counting the weekend today is day 4, I was hoping we would get something before 4pm today but I’m losing hope so fingers crossed we hear from them tomorrow.

We’ve already been delayed as it took 74 days to get a decision as well as having a non straight forward email and an email asking for an additional document which was their fault for not coping it in when we sent everything to them.
its been a long wait so I just want an answer and get it over and done with 😐

em28 Oct 23rd 2018 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Slfwarman (Post 12581661)

Without counting the weekend today is day 4, I was hoping we would get something before 4pm today but I’m losing hope so fingers crossed we hear from them tomorrow.

We’ve already been delayed as it took 74 days to get a decision as well as having a non straight forward email and an email asking for an additional document which was their fault for not coping it in when we sent everything to them.

Waiting for it to arrive is the worst bit! If its any help, the AusPost envelope also had my GWF number listed as a reference number - you may be able to track it on the AusPost website with that. I didn't try that as I received an email from AusPost with a tracking number that evening at 16:30 (WST).

Hope you have some good news soon :fingerscrossed:

Mrs.E Oct 25th 2018 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Slfwarman (Post 12581661)

Also wishing you good news! :fingerscrossed:

I too am in Melbourne, so I'm curious to know how quickly they get your passport back to you! :)

Slfwarman Oct 25th 2018 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Mrs.E (Post 12582750)

I too am in Melbourne, so I'm curious to know how quickly they get your passport back to you! :)

We are still waiting for news that they have posted it out to us! Losing faith that we will get it this week even though we were told last Thursday a decision had been made 😕

em28 Oct 25th 2018 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Slfwarman (Post 12582754)
We are still waiting for news that they have posted it out to us! Losing faith that we will get it this week even though we were told last Thursday a decision had been made 😕

If you heard that from the contact centre... From what I've read, they don't always give out the right information.

I never received the "decision made" email from UKVI.
The first sign that they were done assessing the application was the sms I received from vfs saying that they had received my processed visa application (same day as they posted it out).

em28 Oct 25th 2018 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Mrs.E (Post 12582750)

Looking forward to getting some good news from you soon, Mrs. E :thumbsup:

Slfwarman Oct 25th 2018 7:32 am

So about 4pm today my partner received an sms from vfs saying they had received his processed application then received another one a few minutes after saying they would deliver it to our chosen address so I’m guessing they won’t post it out til tomorrow because we haven’t received any tracking information!

Fingers crossed its it’s good news 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼� ��🏼🤞🏼😁

em28 Oct 25th 2018 7:34 am

That's awesome!! Hope it good news :)
They should hand it to AusPost today. I suspect you will receive an email from AusPost later this evening (got mine the same day as the SMS around 4:30PM WST)

Slfwarman Oct 25th 2018 7:40 am

Thank you!!! Ahhhh we literally just got an email from Auspost saying it’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.. only dilemma we have now is that it’s being sent to our apartment that we moved out on 2 weeks ago so looks like I will have to stake the place out tomorrow 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

Em28 did you give the courier the slip to confirm you received the passport?
we lost our receipt with the slip attached but have a picture of it so we were just going to give them that!