Various Application Questions

Old Mar 24th 2022, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

emmabos is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Various Application Questions

I've completed the the Application section of the partner visa (applying from US, my husband and kids are UK citizens) and have a number of clarifying questions:

1) We haven't found a flat yet, but will stay with my in-laws when we arrive if we haven't by the time we get there. For the question "Do you know where you will be living in the UK?" do I put "No, we don't have an address" and then explain or should I use my in-laws address?

2) When I'm inputting my parents' information, do I put my mother's maiden name or married? Neither are included in this visa.

3) When it asks for criminal convictions, does a speeding ticket from 1999 count as "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance"?

4) When it asks if my spouse has any children and "How much money is spent on this dependant each month in GBP?" is approximate okay? Do I include things like sports and after school activities, in addition to food and clothes? What about portion of our mortgage?

Thanks so much!
Old Mar 24th 2022, 11:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Various Application Questions

1) In-laws
2) Married
3) No
4) Yes, yes, no
Old Apr 5th 2022, 7:11 pm
KKB
Forum Regular

KKB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Various Application Questions

Hello.

I hope it is ok to jump onto this thread and add a few questions that have come up while filling out the online application for my husband and children? I have a few questions we need help with.1. Under convictions and other penalties, does one have to disclose traffic fines for entering a bus lane or stopping in a wrong spot as ‘a penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance’?

2. We are meeting the financial requirements via Category D (cash savings) and category C (property rental income). We have cash savings across 3 bank accounts (a UK savings A/c, UK current account & a savings account outside the UK). The source of savings is funds accumulated from salaried earned in another country where we lived before moving to the UK. We have bank statements to support the transfer of funds. With regards to the property rental income, that is also paid into the bank account outside the UK.

a. Are there are red flags with regards to using multiple accounts / in the UK and outside / savings or current account (we are relying on under £7k from the current account)?

b. With regards to the savings account outside the UK, we have one payment for the annual rent. Now, when we need to put the amount, we are relying upon in that account as cash savings, should we deduct the rental income and then take the lowest closing balance we have held in that account over the last 6 months?

3. As we are mentioning 3 different bank accounts, do we need to submit 3 separate declarations by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings or can we submit one letter and explain the income in all 3 accounts?

4. Under the finance section, we are asked ‘Are there any other income sources you would like to include towards maintenance?’ . I do not understand this question or the context. Appreciate it if someone can explain this.

5. When filling up the form for our child, at one point we are asked to submit the parents birth certificates. And in the final list of documents, it is not mentioned. Should we submit our (the parents) birth certificates?

6. What is the point of the question ‘would you like to provide any other information to show you have a genuine and active parental relationship with your child?’? Personally, I could not think of anything to add after already writing about my husband’s relationship with our son earlier in the application.

7. Can anyone share a draft of a cover letter you have submitted along with your documents for reference.
Thank you in advance.