VAF4A appendix 2 confusion

Old Feb 7th 2015, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

kdiglas78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VAF4A appendix 2 confusion

I am sponsoring my wife's visa to move to the UK. We lived together and I worked for 12 years in the US. I moved back to the UK in Nov to find a job. Now I have secured one, we are applying for her visa to join me and the kids. On the financial requirements form, it first asks for your income from UK job (3.4 - 3.11). I put my current job, but I have not held it for 6 months (3.12), so I then filled out how much money I earned in the last 12 months (3.20). The next section deals with money earned from outside the UK (3B), but it states only to fill that in if the sponsor is not currently resident in the UK. Well, I am resident in the UK already, so how do I give those details of my job in the US? It seems that sections 3.31 - 3.38 would be perfect to detail this, but I am confused by the instructions for 3B and don't want to mess up her app. Help!
Old Feb 7th 2015, 6:59 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VAF4A appendix 2 confusion

see if the following answers the question

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-Appendix2.pdf

dont fill in 3B because you are resident in the UK

3.12 NO

3.13 NO

3.2 FILL IN THE BOX

3.21 YES

3.22 YES

read the header above above 3.9 & go to section 5, which is your job overseas with what you attach

I would include with your application the letter of employment from overseas along with proof of earnings from that job

Last edited by not2old; Feb 7th 2015 at 7:04 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:05 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT

Updated post 2
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Great, thanks!

I think 3.12 would be NO because I resigned my job in the US in Nov 2014 to move to the UK to find work, which I began in Jan 2015, so I have not been continuously employed for the 6 months prior to the app. However, I do meet the requirements for the 12 months prior.
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Great, that's what I thought! Thanks!
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:06 pm
Dichotomus tinker

read post 2 again, I goofed & updated it
Old Feb 7th 2015, 7:07 pm
Dichotomus tinker

Originally Posted by kdiglas78
Great, that's what I thought! Thanks!
sorted & good luck